Windows 10: Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ?

Discus and support Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a problem when using windows 11. My storage said i have 219GB free to use. Right now, you can see i have 78.2 GB free, but when i Ctrl A and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Song NhậtNguyễn, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ?

I have a problem when using windows 11. My storage said i have 219GB free to use. Right now, you can see i have 78.2 GB free, but when i Ctrl A and properties, all folders include hidden foldes only takes 90GB. So if we combine those number, i only use 168.2GB, so where are my 50GB left ? Or window 11 system actually take those storage from my ? Thanks you.

:)

Song NhậtNguyễn, Jan 25, 2022

2. Lowering triangle amount on Paint 3D

Hi,

The option to increase or decrease the number of triangles/polygons in
    Paint 3D
    is a great idea. We suggest the you share your idea/feedback so that it will be considered in future updates of the app. Here are the steps to send a feedback:

• Open the Paint 3D app.
    • Click on Menu.
    • On the lower left portion, select Help and Feedback.
    • Press the Give feedback button under Give feedback.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ?

Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ?

1. Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ? - Similar Threads - Why storage free

2. my headphones sound is lower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones sound is lower than before: My on-ear headphones, sound was lower than usual. When I go on the troubleshooter app, the sound suddenly turns back to normal. I did as told, and disabled all the enhancing properties, and pressed apply. But then my headphones volume was lowered when the troubleshooting app...
  3. my headphones sound is lower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones sound is lower than before: My on-ear headphones, sound was lower than usual. When I go on the troubleshooter app, the sound suddenly turns back to normal. I did as told, and disabled all the enhancing properties, and pressed apply. But then my headphones volume was lowered when the troubleshooting app...
  4. Lower fps than my friends pc

Lower fps than my friends pc: So I noticed that my friend gets similar or sometimes the same fps or even better fps than me and he is on pc and I am on laptop. I have a 3060 and he has a gtx 1080 and i have better specs than him. Why does this happen and how can i fix this....
  5. Lower fps than my friends pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lower fps than my friends pc: So I noticed that my friend gets similar or sometimes the same fps or even better fps than me and he is on pc and I am on laptop. I have a 3060 and he has a gtx 1080 and i have better specs than him. Why does this happen and how can i fix this....
  6. I have less free storage than I'm supposed to have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have less free storage than I'm supposed to have: So when I try and look at all the files that are in my Local Disk D: they only take up around 300gb out of 930gb, but I still somehow only have 30gb free. I'm aware of shadow files and I tried the method of going into System protection and then Configure etc... but that...
  7. I have less free storage than I'm supposed to have

I have less free storage than I'm supposed to have: So when I try and look at all the files that are in my Local Disk D: they only take up around 300gb out of 930gb, but I still somehow only have 30gb free. I'm aware of shadow files and I tried the method of going into System protection and then Configure etc... but that...
  8. I have less free storage than I'm supposed to have

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ?

Why my storage free lower than what it suppose to ?: I have a problem when using windows 11. My storage said i have 219GB free to use. Right now, you can see i have 78.2 GB free, but when i Ctrl A and properties, all folders include hidden foldes only takes 90GB. So if we combine those number, i only use 168.2GB, so where are...
  10. fps lower than it should be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps lower than it should be: I'm having a problem where my fps is lower as it should be on a good pc. For example, in League of Legends, I'm having low fps -55ms. I don't know why. On my old pc which is gtx 960, I'm having almost 200fps. Now, my pc is new, this is the specs: Ryzen 5 2400G 8GB RAM...