Windows 10: Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ?

Discus and support Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrom browser ? but this was just happened for opeing chrome only please anyone help to fix this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuhammadRafiA, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ?

why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrom browser ? but this was just happened for opeing chrome only

please anyone help to fix this, thank you

:)

MuhammadRafiA, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Taskbar icons blinking when using Chrome

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify why the Taskbar is blinking when you are using Google Chrome.

• Have you recently made any change/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is the said browser pinned in the Taskbar?
    • If so, have you tried unpinning it from the Taskbar?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run the Compatibility troubleshooter to isolate the issue. Here's how

• Right-click the Google Chrome browser.
    • Click-on Properties.
    • Click-on the Compatibility tab.
    • Click-on the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
    • Choose Try recommended Settings.
    • Click-on the Test the program button to check if it is the same.
    • Hit Next, then choose the next option, depending on the results of the test.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Taskbar icons blinking when using Chrome

Hello,

6 months ago I've noticed that when I use Google Chrome to browse the internet my taskbar icons blinks every few minutes. It's like refreshing. It's very annoying and very distracting when you see them blinking. I've noticed that Windows explorer usage increases
    to 0,1-0,2% for a 1 second and then I see spinning mouse circle for a second and then taskbar icons quickly blink.

What I did:

- A fresh reinstall of Windows and drivers and the issue is still there.

- I tried my old video card (GTX 1070) to make sure it's not a video card issue - and the blinking is still there (current card is GTX 1080 Ti).

- Issue also happens in Safe Mode with networking.

- Tried many different settings, enable/disable content features, clear cookies, reset, reinstall, but the issue is still there.

- Tried many different Windows settings, but no change.

There is NO blinking if I use Internet Explorer or Edge or Chrome CANARY.

There is NO blinking on another PC and laptop while using Chrome.

There is NO blinking in incognito mode.

I have ZERO extensions. So, what can cause this? I already tried all the suggestions from Chrome, so maybe it's a Windows issue?

Here, I recorded two short clips:

20171122_175518 - Streamable

Blink happens at the very beginning.

20171123_003321 - Streamable

Blink happens in the middle of the clip.

Here are 3 clips with icon blink and process explorer. I managed to capture 2 procesess which happen during the blink: svchost.exe and dllhost.exe.

20171129_180909 - Streamable

20171129_162743 - Streamable

20171129_162004 - Streamable

I have no viruses, I'm 100% sure about it. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 and Microsoft protection. I never visit unknown sites.

I already run out of ideas. Any idea how to fix it? There are no problems, everything works fine, this problem doesn't do anything, it's just very annoying and VERY distracting. I already sent feedback to Microsoft via app in summer, but they did nothing,
    because they don't care.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Task Bar]

GediminasM, Nov 26, 2018
  4. JanJan Win User

Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ?

chrome + taskbar autohide problem

So i set my taskbar autohide. whenever chrome is in fullscreen, when i hover around the corner, the taskbar wont appear. It works with other browsers....

JanJan, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ?

1. Why my taskbar icons blinks once everytime i open chrome browser ? - Similar Threads - Why taskbar icons

2. Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly: System InfoAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz RAM 32.0GB31.9GB Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS 22624.1690 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0 captured video of symptoms...
  3. Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly: System InfoAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz RAM 32.0GB31.9GB Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS 22624.1690 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0 captured video of symptoms...
  4. Taskbar app icons keeps blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar app icons keeps blinking: Ok so I have this bug where the taskbar apps keeps blinking / flashing randomly and it doesn't stop, the icons blink for less than a second and then return to normal, but after some seconds the blinking returns and it keeps repeating that behavior. I tried everything,...
  5. Can't open chrome browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open chrome browser: Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click on the icon, it seems like I can't open the browser. I have tried all the suggestions on the internet but still unable to get...
  6. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  7. Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?: On my work machine which runs windows 10 anything I open that is pinned to the taskbar just opens from the taskbar, so if I minimize it there aren't two different icons for that program on the taskbar, just the one with a grey line under it. However on my personal laptop,...
  8. Taskbar refreshes everytime I open the File Explorer within an application/browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar refreshes everytime I open the File Explorer within an application/browser.: So, first off, this supposed glitch is present since the days of Windows 7, so it's not only me or my computer. In fact, this occured on every Windows PC I have used or seen. Say, I want to save or insert a file from/into a browser or Discord/Skype, or open an image in...
  9. BSOD everytime open browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD everytime open browser: Hi, as title, i try uninstall the driver ( AMD ) but everytime restart it auto install. i already disable window update but still keep getting BSOD. please find attach file. thank you. 41731
  10. Taskbar icons blinking

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons blinking: I've got my GTX 1080 Ti in May, and since then (or maybe not, can't say excatly when this started to happen) I have annoying issue - from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or browse files. It's just...