Windows 10: Why my user name becomes Desktop?

Discus and support Why my user name becomes Desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 1 I have done a reset and reinstalling Windows 10. 2 I don't why my name I'm the admin seems to be changed to Desktop under Users. 3 The other user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taijiboy, May 31, 2020.

1. Taijiboy Win User

Why my user name becomes Desktop?

1 I have done a reset and reinstalling Windows 10.

2 I don't why my name I'm the admin seems to be changed to Desktop under Users.

3 The other user names are not changed, only my name now becomes Desktop! All my folders are under Users\Desktop\

Please help!

Thank you.

:)

Taijiboy, May 31, 2020

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 31, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 31, 2020
  4. Why my user name becomes Desktop?

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Why my user name becomes Desktop?

1. Why my user name becomes Desktop? - Similar Threads - Why user name

2. The icon for my user name on my desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon for my user name on my desktop disappeared: The special icon for my user name on my desktop disappeared that came with Windows. Inside the icon were my documents, one drive, pictures, videos, music, etc. How do I get it back?...
  3. The icon for my user name on my desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The icon for my user name on my desktop disappeared: The special icon for my user name on my desktop disappeared that came with Windows. Inside the icon were my documents, one drive, pictures, videos, music, etc. How do I get it back?...
  4. Why is my user name becomes ''Desktop''?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my user name becomes ''Desktop''?: Hi, I have seen this issue recently listed here and have tried the fix which was listed, and this has done nothing to help me. The fix i am taling about is Open Exolorer to the Desktop/mis-named folder.Shift_Right-click in the background & select Open PowerShell window...
  5. Why is my user name becomes ''Desktop''?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my user name becomes ''Desktop''?: Hi, I have seen this issue recently listed here and have tried the fix which was listed, and this has done nothing to help me. The fix i am taling about is Open Exolorer to the Desktop/mis-named folder.Shift_Right-click in the background & select Open PowerShell window...
  6. My Files in Main Desktop are not in c/user/name/desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Files in Main Desktop are not in c/user/name/desktop: I want to create A Multipurpose Discord bot but I need my Command Prompt to direct to c/user/name/desktop/DiscordBot But what is actually happening that my Main Desktop has may Folders but when I open c/user/name/desktop, There are no folders in that I want a fix for this...
  7. Desktop name was change, why?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop name was change, why?: I was troubleshooting a problem and found that my Desktop name was changed. How do I change it to something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-name-was-change-why/ccbc6d4f-dbf3-47c1-85be-1dd3f9a51f35
  8. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  9. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": Why is the name of the folder under Users = "change name"?? See attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/8f767542-c7b9-4baa-8f8b-e4b2eaa7f240
  10. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": This is the only User on my PC besides "Public". Why is it "change name"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/e7070d11-0079-48fe-8e56-9459ec15b114