Windows 10: Why my Windows 10 animations slow on a brand new laptop with 16gb ram while it seems faster...

Discus and support Why my Windows 10 animations slow on a brand new laptop with 16gb ram while it seems faster... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; New laptop with i9, 16gb ram, amd readon 4gb Old pc with i5, 8gb, gtx 970 submitted by /u/YourIceCreamBoy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/YourIceCreamBoy, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Why my Windows 10 animations slow on a brand new laptop with 16gb ram while it seems faster...

New laptop with i9, 16gb ram, amd readon 4gb Old pc with i5, 8gb, gtx 970

submitted by /u/YourIceCreamBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/YourIceCreamBoy, Jan 19, 2021
  2. tibbus Win User

Virtual desktops animations are slow

Hey,

I have a powerful laptop with Windows 10 Pro installed :
    • CPU : i7-4712HQ @2.3Ghz
    • RAM : 16 GB
    • Video : Nvidia GeForce GT 750M

When I switch between virtual desktops the animations are pretty laggy, which it's kinda weird, because on my Surface 3 Pro which is a low weaker than this laptop the animations are very smooth.

Do you have any idea of what I can try ?

PS : Animation is not so slow, but it has some lag. I also have in the Intel and Nvidia Graphics all set up to high performance.

tibbus, Jan 19, 2021
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

hi,

I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator.

PaulPChou, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Why my Windows 10 animations slow on a brand new laptop with 16gb ram while it seems faster...

Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Why my Windows 10 animations slow on a brand new laptop with 16gb ram while it seems faster...

1. Why my Windows 10 animations slow on a brand new laptop with 16gb ram while it seems faster... - Similar Threads - Why animations slow

2. 'New' laptop w/ Windows 11 and 16GB of ram...sloooowwwwww

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'New' laptop w/ Windows 11 and 16GB of ram...sloooowwwwww: I've got win11 on 2 of my main machines and it runs just fine. One has 64GB of ram and the other has 128GB. These were win10 machines that got upgraded to 11.I'm setting up a new reconditioned Dell 12th gen i7 laptop with an RTX3050 GPU and a nvme drive for my father-in-law...
  3. 'New' laptop w/ Windows 11 and 16GB of ram...sloooowwwwww

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'New' laptop w/ Windows 11 and 16GB of ram...sloooowwwwww: I've got win11 on 2 of my main machines and it runs just fine. One has 64GB of ram and the other has 128GB. These were win10 machines that got upgraded to 11.I'm setting up a new reconditioned Dell 12th gen i7 laptop with an RTX3050 GPU and a nvme drive for my father-in-law...
  4. Brand New Laptop Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand New Laptop Very Slow: Hi (I am waiting for a new fan for my old laptop, but it's possible that has died completely). In the meantime I am using the new laptop I actually bought just for my creative stuff. And already, despite it being almost brand new (and I deleted what bloatware I could), it is...
  5. Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow: My brand new HP Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow. The only programs I've installed are Discord, Steam, Minecraft, Among Us, and Quiplash. I installed the Malware Bytes Free Trial but removed it. I've removed my google extensions. There is nothing in the start up...
  6. Ram Running at 50% on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram Running at 50% on Brand New Laptop: I know this has been posted many times before, but I'm still not sure how to fix this issue. My laptop was running fine a few days ago; now, after returning home from college, my laptop fan is running loud as hell while idle and the task manager displays a 50% usage of...
  7. New PC seems slow, why?

New PC seems slow, why?: Hi Everyone, My neighbour has bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 3471 desktop:- https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/desk...sktop/cd347101 I went around there this morning to set it all up and it seems slow to me, I was installing Adobe reader and that seemed to take ages, any...
  8. Brand new windows 10 laptop is extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new windows 10 laptop is extremely slow: My brand new laptop came with windows 10 installed. It literally takes 20-30 minutes to boot up or login, completely unacceptable. Any ideas what may be causing this problem?...
  9. why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow?: why is my brand new laptop running soooooo slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why/8c33db41-5466-41c8-9d2b-765f8325daa5
  10. Brand new laptop pretty slow

Brand new laptop pretty slow: hey, I have lenovo yoga 510 and it's pretty slow from what I expected from him, I don't why I have it about a month and I check for vit=rus but didn't found, what can be the problem? 75810