Windows 10: Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM?

Discus and support Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM somewhere around 86% or above always? Is there any solution for this issue? Tell me a solution other than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Knows More 123, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM?

Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM somewhere around 86% or above always? Is there any solution for this issue? Tell me a solution other than telling me to add new RAM.

:)

Knows More 123, Aug 20, 2020

2. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 20, 2020
  3. MicroZo Win User
    Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM?

1. Why my windows 10 pc uses a lot of RAM? - Similar Threads - Why uses lot

2. XTU Service using a lot of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XTU Service using a lot of RAM: So sometimes the xtu service in task manager uses more than 1.7gb of ram, usually it will only use a couple hundred megabytes. Why does this happen? If I end the task to free up ram, will it affect CPU performance? submitted by /u/Ok_Ride6186 [link] [comments]...
  3. My PC is using a lot of RAM for nothing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC is using a lot of RAM for nothing: HELP!Something is using my RAM in a very excessive amount. I only have like 4 GB and it's literally using 3.6 GB of it while there is nothing running. I noticed this because when I opened Minecraft, it showed an enormous lag, and it crashed. When I checked the Task manager,...
  4. Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager using lots of ram: This has happened for a month or so. Desktop Window Manager keeps using lots of ram, but it happens every 2-3 weeks. I've tried some solutions, but only restarting or re-installing intel graphic drivers keeps it from using so much ram. Is it my NVIDIA or Intel driver? I think...
  5. Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual: This is my Task Manager.Each app uses more ram than usual.I don't use any app but why in task manager it uses a lot of ram.I don't know how to fix it pls help me!...
  6. Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM

Desktop Window Manager Using A Lot Of RAM: I'm facing this issue for the past three weeks,The Desktop Window Manager Is Unnecessarily Using RAMLaptop Specs:HP Pavilion Gaming 15intel i5 9300H8 GB ramNvidia GTX 1650 and intel UHD 630 Display 1920x1080 60HzWindows 10 Home 20H2 OS Build: 19042.985I have researched about...
  7. A lot of RAM being used for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A lot of RAM being used for no reason: [ATTACH] I have 16 GB of RAM submitted by /u/burner192836 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/llgsaz/a_lot_of_ram_being_used_for_no_reason/
  8. Why in use compressed use a lot of ram? Pls help!

Why in use compressed use a lot of ram? Pls help!: I have no idea what is happening to my windows 10 i have 6gb ram but half have been use by the system how do i fix this ? btw my ram have same channel and same VG. i think this is not my rams fault. heres a screenshot[ATTACH] Im really glad if someone help me to fix...
  9. my RAM use a lot of space without reason!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my RAM use a lot of space without reason!!: Hello. my RAM use a lot of space without reason. i cannot found which one of my programs is using this high of memory because it's looks like invisible. this is my Task Manager: http://prntscr.com/ndy15s and this from RamMap: http://prntscr.com/ndy1k1 also this is a...
  10. Chrome Using a Lot RAM

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Using a Lot RAM: Hey, Why Google Chrome using a lot RAM ? All this 3 images is from Chrome .exe [img] [img] [img] 93921