Windows 10: Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?

Discus and support Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It's weird that my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen occasionally, whenever I inserted an incorrected password once or twice. I know it would stuck... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cain Flamehaze, May 24, 2023.

1. Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?

It's weird that my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen occasionally, whenever I inserted an incorrected password once or twice. I know it would stuck when you inserted the incorrect password three times.

:)

Cain Flamehaze, May 24, 2023

2. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 24, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Bug - Password Incorrect

Hi Silas,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience and we will definitely help you to resolve your issue.

This issue might occur, if the language has been changed on the lock screen.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the lock screen.

• Select the English language and click Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 24, 2023
  4. Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?

Windows 10 password incorrect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you are having with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

• Are you using Microsoft or local account?

I would suggest you to press the eye icon on the password text box and check whether you have entered the correct password.

I would suggest you to use On-screen keyboard and try logging into your local account and check if it helps. Follow these steps.

1. On login screen click Ease of access button on bottom left corner of the screen.

2. Click on On-Screen keyboard (OSK).

3. Try entering the password using OSK and check.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?

1. Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password? - Similar Threads - Why stuck welcome

2. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with an NVIDIA Geforce GT1030 installed in it, and I booted it up this morning and I am stuck on the welcome screen. I do not think it is hardware related, as I performed a test and nothing appeared to be defective. I cannot reach the pin or...
  3. Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?: It's weird that my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen occasionally, whenever I inserted an incorrected password once or twice. I know it would stuck when you inserted the incorrect password three times....
  4. Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when I inserted an incorrect password?: It's weird that my Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen occasionally, whenever I inserted an incorrected password once or twice. I know it would stuck when you inserted the incorrect password three times....
  5. Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen: A few days ago Windows 10 began having an error where it would be stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots after logging in. I don't have anything plugged into the laptop, tried putting the laptop on airplane mode, tried doing a startup repair which was...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in: So basically my PC was rendering on Adobe After effects last night and it froze at one point so I just held the power button to turn it off, now it’s not even logging in, I’ve tried going into save mode and all that but I just shows a black screen, idk wtf is going on with my...
  7. Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen: I cannot log in in any way, the screen is blurred and no user charges me, I have already restarted the computer several times, removed the battery and I cannot advance. Can someone help me? please [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots up, it displays a temporary Welcome screen which is nothing but a blue screen with Welcome written on it and spinning circle of dots. At times, this screen stays longer and sometimes permanent that you end [...] This post Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen: Having Windows get stuck on the Welcome screen and prevent you from using your computer is a very frustrating experience. This guide will walk you through some fixes to help get you back to your desktop when this happens. A simple solution to try is unplugging all external...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: When trying to open iTunes, i get an error that a .dll file is corrupted or something (can't remember the name). So, obviously, I try to reinstall iTunes, but I can only do it through Microsoft Store (first time I've used it). Everything works fine and I keep working on my...