Windows 10: why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

Discus and support why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i did below settings..Stereo mix is up to date.in the System>sound>Input , selected stereo mixin Sound>Recording stereo mix is enabled.In the Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Debashish_549, Mar 28, 2023.

1. why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

i did below settings..Stereo mix is up to date.in the System>sound>Input , selected stereo mixin Sound>Recording stereo mix is enabled.In the Sound recorder app, stereo mix is selected.When i play any video and record, it doesn't record anything.Works fine with microphone.Appreciate any help.

:)

Debashish_549, Mar 28, 2023
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 28, 2023
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

Audio Recording Issues

Hi,

Allow us to verify some details so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Was there a particular error message every time the recording is paused?
    • Have you tried running the Recording Audio troubleshooter to check if it would help?
    If you haven't done so, please try the following steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Troubleshooting, hit Enter.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Recording Audio and then click
      Next
    We're here for any feedback.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

1. why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio? - Similar Threads - why home Sound

2. Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?: The microphone as well as voice access seem to be functioning correctly i.e. saying "what can I say?" opens a list of voice commands, but when I click record in Windows Sound Recorder no audio can be detected. I've attempted reinstalling Windows Sound Recorder, but to no...
  3. Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't Windows Sound Recorder detect audio?: The microphone as well as voice access seem to be functioning correctly i.e. saying "what can I say?" opens a list of voice commands, but when I click record in Windows Sound Recorder no audio can be detected. I've attempted reinstalling Windows Sound Recorder, but to no...
  4. Windows sound recorder does not record well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sound recorder does not record well: I use it to record my music homework. So when I record a song with accompanying background music the sound records in "waves"- one word is clear and the next seems to recede back and the next still more so and then the fourth is ok. I have windows 11. Please help....
  5. Windows sound recorder does not record well

Windows sound recorder does not record well: I use it to record my music homework. So when I record a song with accompanying background music the sound records in "waves"- one word is clear and the next seems to recede back and the next still more so and then the fourth is ok. I have windows 11. Please help....
  6. why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?: i did below settings..Stereo mix is up to date.in the System>sound>Input , selected stereo mixin Sound>Recording stereo mix is enabled.In the Sound recorder app, stereo mix is selected.When i play any video and record, it doesn't record anything.Works fine with...
  7. Voice Recorder is not recording the incoming voice or say system sound when recording.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice Recorder is not recording the incoming voice or say system sound when recording.: Windows 10 voice recorder is not recording the system sound. Whereas in the other laptop with Windows 10 the voice recorder is recording both incoming and outgoing sounds. I've lost my important meeting recording due to this issue.Windows version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 OS...
  8. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  9. sound recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  10. Cannot Record Audio Sound

Cannot Record Audio Sound: Hello I cannot record/capture the audio sound playing from a media player on my laptop desktop. However, the recording software's i've tried using (Audacity) (Total Recorder) picks-up/records the sound from the TV or any other sound in the room. For some reason unknown...