Windows 10: Why my windows can't open start menu

Discus and support Why my windows can't open start menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using windows pirate and i won't to update because my windows is pirate i know we can use windows pirate but i checked again she use windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ALIFBO55KU, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Why my windows can't open start menu

I am using windows pirate and i won't to update because my windows is pirate i know we can use windows pirate but i checked again she use windows pirate and how to i use windows start button again oh before i forget have som apps can use it' is some windows apps like camera,voice recorder and photos apps. can somebody fix it....

:)

ALIFBO55KU, Oct 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Why my windows can't open start menu

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Why my windows can't open start menu

1. Why my windows can't open start menu - Similar Threads - Why can't open

2. Why my windows can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why my windows can't open start menu: I am using windows pirate and i won't to update because my windows is pirate i know we can use windows pirate but i checked again she use windows pirate and how to i use windows start button again oh before i forget have som apps can use it' is some windows apps like...
  3. Why my windows can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my windows can't open start menu: I am using windows pirate and i won't to update because my windows is pirate i know we can use windows pirate but i checked again she use windows pirate and how to i use windows start button again oh before i forget have som apps can use it' is some windows apps like...
  4. I can't open start up menu

I can't open start up menu: Hello, can someone help me I can't open windows start up menu and other apps that is displayed in the task bar, I can open those in desktop like Chrome and microsoft edge, in the taskbar there are apps I can't open and the icon is invisible and when I tap them it says class...
  5. Can't open start menu in windows 10

Can't open start menu in windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, I can't open start menu everything else is working superfine, but the start menu doesn't work even if pressing the Windows button on keyboard or start button on the Windows taskbar...
  6. Can't open programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  7. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  8. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  9. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...
  10. Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home. Can't open start menu: Brand new windows, brand new problems. Hello, today i upgraded to Windows 10 Home, from windwos 7 home premium. And now i can't open start menu... Also there is no windows update? Is there windows update in windows 10 or is my issue again? I tried sfc /scannow and something...