Windows 10: Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed?

Discus and support Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a few devices running Windows 10. Recently, I updated another device I have to Win 10 1909 and the Settings page seemed different, modified. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by meshaun, May 3, 2020.

1. meshaun Win User

Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed?

I have a few devices running Windows 10. Recently, I updated another device I have to Win 10 1909 and the Settings page seemed different, modified.

I still have this below page view on my current laptop running Win 10 1909 as well. It's updated regularly too.

How can I get the latest Windows Settings page?

Current display:

Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed? aa82b753-7673-47ea-b704-26e0a2669434?upload=true.png

What I'm after is the new Header Design that comes with the Win 10 2019 updates.

:)

meshaun, May 3, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 3, 2020
  3. Display settings changed

Hi,

We would like to know more information regarding your display settings issue. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • How are you trying to extend the display?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 3, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Why my Windows Settings display page has not changed? - Similar Threads - Why Settings display

2. My MSN Hime page has changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSN Hime page has changed: My MSN homepage has changed but only on my iPhone 14. I want the one as before. My computer and iPad did not change and I’m very happy about that. How do I get my iPhone to look like it used to. Here is a screen shot of the way I want it to look: <Moved from Community Center>...
  3. My MSN Hime page has changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSN Hime page has changed: My MSN homepage has changed but only on my iPhone 14. I want the one as before. My computer and iPad did not change and I’m very happy about that. How do I get my iPhone to look like it used to. Here is a screen shot of the way I want it to look: <Moved from Community Center>...
  4. Windows changes display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  5. Windows changes display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changes display settings: On a number of occasions, when I turn on my laptop, Windows 11 has changed the lock screen to show pictures - while have always have it set to Windows Spotlight. And often changes the background to a different wallpaper to the one i use.I am getting fed up of always having to...
  6. Settings Page Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Page Changed: I had Sign in and windows update restore browser etc but they have gone after the lastest updates. They were there till 19043.899How to I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-page-changed/c0304473-e1f2-4acd-b074-632cfde2cfcd
  7. Why has my display size seemingly changed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why has my display size seemingly changed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kivkorn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k314mo/why_has_my_display_size_seemingly_changed/
  8. My sign in page has changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My sign in page has changed: I have never seen my windows do this and I am unable to have no password when turning computer on. I want to have a pin to but I can only have a windows hello pin which is not the pin for my computer. [ATTACH]...
  9. Display has changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display has changed: I opened the Action Center today and my whole display has changed. All of the shortcuts and documents I had on my desktop are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-has-changed/4a7912e5-29fa-4983-b3fd-413e5fd9c264
  10. My "This PC" display has changed

in Windows 10 Support
    My "This PC" display has changed: When clicking on "This PC" I now get the following display (see the attached image). Before, the 6 defaullt folders were shown as in the attachment but the drives were shown with small icons and the name of the drive. This was much more compact, whereas the changed display...