Windows 10: Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware?

Discus and support Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware? iam using xbox series controller, before update this device name is Xbox Wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Moch. Luthfi Rahmadi, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware?

Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware?

iam using xbox series controller, before update this device name is Xbox Wireless Controller but after update firmware my device change the name to Xbox Wireless Controller 441XXXXXXXE8 why thename is ugly?

how change back to Xbox Wireless Controller like before update firmware

:)

Moch. Luthfi Rahmadi, Apr 22, 2021

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware?

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware?

1. Why My Xbox Wireless Controller name change after update firmware? - Similar Threads - Why Xbox Wireless

2. xbox 360 wireless controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox 360 wireless controller: HelloI want to use my xbox 360 wireless adapter on pc win 10and i read a lot of help guides even here and nothing helpedThe problem is that the device manager doesnt react at all when i insert the adapter into the usb,any usb slot they are all workingand the adapter is...
  3. No firmware 5.11 for Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10?

No firmware 5.11 for Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10?: I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller with the "Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows 10", and the Xbox Accessories App tells me the latest Firmware-Version is 5.9.2709.0, but I read everywhere on the Internet the latest Firmware is 5.11.Is the 5.11 Update only available...
  4. No firmware 5.11 for Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No firmware 5.11 for Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10?: I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller with the "Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows 10", and the Xbox Accessories App tells me the latest Firmware-Version is 5.9.2709.0, but I read everywhere on the Internet the latest Firmware is 5.11.Is the 5.11 Update only available...
  5. Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware

Xbox Accessories Application crashing when updating controller firmware: Just got the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and when attempting to update the firmware for it through the Xbox Accessories application, it crashes when I hit "continue" on the "Before we start..." screen. Event shower shows this: Faulting application name: Devices.App.exe,...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controllers: I am still not able to get my windows 10 pc to recognize my Xbox 360 wireless controller, and it's receiver. It broke when I installed update 2004. Is this going to remain a problem or is there going to be a fix for these to work again? I have tried multiple things to get...
  7. Xbox Wireless Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Wireless Controller: I have a model 1708 Xbox Wireless Controller. Updated the firmware, and checked the drivers are correct when plugged in using USB. It however will not connect via 1) Bluetooth, add devices 2) Cotrol Panel, Add device submitted by /u/max703862 [link] [comments]...
  8. Xbox One controller audio stutters in Gears 5 after firmware update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller audio stutters in Gears 5 after firmware update.: Since I updated my Xbox One controller firmware the audio stutters with Gears 5 when I use my headset plugged to it. I tried various headsets, changing Realtek audio drivers, also it does not happen if I use the PC jack, neither with other games or videos. I had never updated...
  9. How do I change the names of multiple XBox One wireless controllers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the names of multiple XBox One wireless controllers?: So, I just paid quite a bit for two new XBox One wireless controllers, both Model #1708. I'm using the Microsoft XBox adapter because they say you have to to use multiple controllers, and.. they're both named exactly the same thing, "Xbox One Wireless Controller" in Devices...
  10. Xbox One Controller Range Reduction After Firmware Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Range Reduction After Firmware Update: Hi, I have my Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.720 system hooked up to my TV and I was using Xbox One controllers wirelessly. The distance from the Asus BT-400 Bluetooth dongle to the seating area is about 4.2m 14' away. When the controllers were fresh out of the box,...