Windows 10: Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

Discus and support Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator. Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder C:\Program Files... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pstein, Feb 1, 2020.

1. pstein Win User

Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator.

Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder

C:\Program Files (X86)\someprogramm\

When I try to save it on the original place (=overwrite the existing one) the Win10 tells me something about unsufficient rights.

So what?

How can I assign real Administration rights to a user of group "Administrator"?

Peter

:)

pstein, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission? - Similar Threads - Why need User

2. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  3. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Need administrator permission": I am the only user on my computer. It was purchased new and set up with only my information. Yet, I cannot do several functions including deleting/renaming certain folders because I am not the "administrator."...
  4. "Need administrator permission"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  6. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Customization
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  7. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. administrator group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrator group: I forget; how do i make my user a member of the administrator group? 8801
  9. Administrator and still need permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator and still need permission?: I'm utterly confused about the permissions needed. I am the sole user on my pc. Under accounts, is myself only as Admin and password protected...(that's another issue)... I copied a folder from ThisPC/C/Games/Folder and tried to paste it in my E:/ drive, my dvd drive, but I...
  10. Need Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need Administrator Permission: I'm trying to replace calc.exe in the System 32 folder with a version from XP, but keep getting a notice that I don't have permission. I'm in as the Administrator, what more do I need to do? Thanks! 46100