Windows 10: Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

Discus and support Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I replaced a new battery in Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop once the icon in the taskbar did not appear then it did which showed battery is charging.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ari94, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Ari94 Win User

Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

Today I replaced a new battery in Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop once the icon in the taskbar did not appear then it did which showed battery is charging. Surprisingly with in 35 minutes it charged. Then I noticed in the taskbar the battery icon is showing "X" mark. After that I re-install Battery drivers, unplugged everything kept pressing "ON" button to drain power. Even I opened laptop and re-inserted the battery but the "X" is still showing in the taskbar.Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.Thank you.

:)

Ari94, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jan 16, 2022
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

Battery icon is is not showing on taskbar

Hello,

This is Sudha Independent Advisor and user like you. Please follow below steps to solve your issue

To check the status of your battery, select the battery icon in the taskbar. To add the battery icon to the taskbar:

- Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle. (Note: The Power toggle is not visible on a system such as a desktop PC
    that doesn't use battery power.) If you still don't see the battery icon, select Show hidden icons on the taskbar, and then select the battery icon.

- On a device that uses battery power, if you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and the Power toggle is greyed out or not visible, in the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager in the list of results.
    Under Batteries, right-click the battery for your device, select Disable, and select Yes. Wait a few seconds, and then right-click the battery and select Enable. Then restart your device.

-If you select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and turn on the Power toggle, but the battery icon does not appear on the taskbar, in the search box on the taskbar, type task manager, and then select Task Manager in the list of results. On the Processes
    tab under Name, right-click Explorer, and then select Restart.

reference link :
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/402734...

Sudha Goswami, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

1. Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Why laptop battery

2. Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow: Updated from Windows 10 to 11 and the battery icon for the laptop isn't showing anymore. It's not in the taskbar overflow settings in personalization. How can i find any information of my battery status?...
  3. Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery icon not showing in taskbar overflow: Updated from Windows 10 to 11 and the battery icon for the laptop isn't showing anymore. It's not in the taskbar overflow settings in personalization. How can i find any information of my battery status?...
  4. Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar: Today I replaced a new battery in Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop once the icon in the taskbar did not appear then it did which showed battery is charging. Surprisingly with in 35 minutes it charged. Then I noticed in the taskbar the battery icon is showing "X" mark. After that I...
  5. Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why new laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar: Today I replaced a new battery in Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop once the icon in the taskbar did not appear then it did which showed battery is charging. Surprisingly with in 35 minutes it charged. Then I noticed in the taskbar the battery icon is showing "X" mark. After that I...
  6. Why news laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why news laptop battery showing X mark in Taskbar: Today I replaced a new battery in Acer Aspire E5-576 laptop once the icon in the taskbar did not appear then it did which showed battery is charging. Surprisingly with in 35 minutes it charged. Then I noticed in the taskbar the battery icon is showing "X" mark. After that I...
  7. Battery showing white X and not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery showing white X and not charging: I have asked this same question before but the answer did not fix my issue. My laptop is about 2-3 years old and I got it from Canada where it worked properly. We moved to SriLanka and the battery now shows this,Please help resolve my issue. I have a feeling its a problem in...
  8. Battery icon is is not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery icon is is not showing on taskbar: Battery icon is missing from taskbar after windows 10 update 2004 how I can again restore icon on taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-is-is-not-showing-on-taskbar/daee6b27-03ba-41ba-bf06-e5ba76dc5ec5
  9. In taskbar battery icon not showing

In taskbar battery icon not showing: Dear Readers, I am using this HP pavilion laptop since 1 year and the battery icon was there in taskbar , but from few months the battery icon is showing in taskbar. I tried to change the same from Taskbar>turn system icons on or off but there also the power icon is on. I...
  10. HP LAPTOP NOT SHOWING BATTERY PERCENTAGE IN TASKBAR

HP LAPTOP NOT SHOWING BATTERY PERCENTAGE IN TASKBAR: Hello, There is no battery icon in the taskbar. I have tried the methods where you turn on and off icons on the tray, and the battery icon switch is greyed out. It says it's on, but it's not there. I have gone to the taskbar settings and it says that the battery icon should...