Windows 10: Why no display of type of hard drive in the "System" info?

Discus and support Why no display of type of hard drive in the "System" info? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Folks, I have here, a brand spanking new lap top. It was labeled in the store as having a 256GB SSD hard drive. Yet, I cannot find it anywhere in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ScottRaines, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Why no display of type of hard drive in the "System" info?

Folks,

I have here, a brand spanking new lap top. It was labeled in the store as having a 256GB SSD hard drive. Yet, I cannot find it anywhere in the list of what this computer came with or is part of. Why no listing of any type of hard drive?

SR

:)

ScottRaines, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Why no display of type of hard drive in the "System" info?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Why no display of type of hard drive in the "System" info?

1. Why no display of type of hard drive in the "System" info? - Similar Threads - Why display type

2. Why showing bad system configuration info?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why showing bad system configuration info?: My laptop showing suddenly manufacturers logo. Getting restarted many times, i have tried for advanced option, safe mode is not getting started, even can't get reset...
  3. Why showing bad system configuration info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why showing bad system configuration info?: My laptop showing suddenly manufacturers logo. Getting restarted many times, i have tried for advanced option, safe mode is not getting started, even can't get reset...
  4. Why showing bad system configuration info?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why Create a System Image detect my internal hard drive partition F: as a System Drive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Create a System Image detect my internal hard drive partition F: as a System Drive ?: Hi I was trying to create a system image via Backup and Restore Windows 7 , but it does detect my internal hard drive partition F: as a System Drive! and the program didn't allow me to exclude the drive F: from the system image creation , Currently Windows system is located...
  6. How to display info what's on thumb drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to display info what's on thumb drive: how to display thumb drive info when plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-display-info-whats-on-thumb-drive/b4fd2186-66dd-4f7f-a285-23638fd0c765
  7. System type displays incorrectly in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    System type displays incorrectly in Windows 10: Hi,I'm using HP ProBook 430 G1- Core i5 4200U and running Windows 10 32-bit. I checked the processor type on my PC is x64 in System Properties Control Panel. But I opened the System Infomation and it's said x86 based PC. Can anyone explain which is correct?...
  8. External Hard Drive Not Displaying Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Not Displaying Files: I am attempting to access files stored on 2 external hard drives. While I am able to access system and program files, on neither one am I able to access files that I created myself that are stored in my profile. I tried this utility MiniTool Power Recovery and it is able...
  9. All hard drives not displayed in Network

All hard drives not displayed in Network: Network work group: 1 W10 pc ver 1909 build 1863.720 1 W10 laptop ver 1909 build 1863.720 1 W7 pc The W10 pc can see all 3 hard drives on the W7 It can see the os hard drive on the laptop but does not see the data hard drive The W10 laptop can see all hard drives on the W7...
  10. wrong info displayed on c drive

wrong info displayed on c drive: So, on my c drive i have about 100 giga bytes, and of course i have used a lot of that, but today, the drive showed up as 225mb left, then i refreshed the file explorer and it said 2gb left, why does this occour?...