Windows 10: why no dvd?!

Discus and support why no dvd?! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so my windows 10 doesn't have media center...making my ability to watch dvd's hard, I have to download shady software.. if this was a "brilliant idea"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulthealchemist, Dec 14, 2018.

1. why no dvd?!

so my windows 10 doesn't have media center...making my ability to watch dvd's hard, I have to download shady software.. if this was a "brilliant idea" to no longer have dvd software on board, it was a stupid mistake. I hope the idiot who came up with this idea lost his yacht.

:)

paulthealchemist, Dec 14, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Burned DVD's Work in SOME players

In that case, it is possible the problem is with the blu ray player not supporting DVD+R disks.

Suggest you check to make sure: it's possible you can overcome this problem by simply burning DVD-R instead of DVD+R. Check your blu ray compatibility list first.

3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

why no dvd?!

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Thema:

why no dvd?!

1. why no dvd?! - Similar Threads - why dvd

2. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?: I see my DVD/CD drive in Device Manager. But, I don't see it in File Explorer. The drivers are up to date as well as Windows updates. Thank you....
  3. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?: I see my DVD/CD drive in Device Manager. But, I don't see it in File Explorer. The drivers are up to date as well as Windows updates. Thank you....
  4. Why Can't I See my DVD/CD Drive in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...: Hello, I'm getting the impression that I am getting a serious case of Techno-Snobbery from Microsoft.I am trying to, with some difficulty you understand, to install the 'Pro' version of Microsoft's Wondows 11 Operating System.I own a HP 17-BY0026DS Laptop PC, and the...
  6. Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...

Why Do I need to buy a SECOND PRODUCT KEY, For a OEM DVD of WINDOWS 11 Pro, The DVD HAS a...: Hello, I'm getting the impression that I am getting a serious case of Techno-Snobbery from Microsoft.I am trying to, with some difficulty you understand, to install the 'Pro' version of Microsoft's Wondows 11 Operating System.I own a HP 17-BY0026DS Laptop PC, and the...
  7. Why my Laptop auto eject DVD tray ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my Laptop auto eject DVD tray ?: While using the PC, I noticed that it randomly ejects DVDs. Even when the DVD is not inserted, the light blinks and the motor spins at any time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-auto-eject-dvd-tray/319f1b71-2a39-4306-b71a-e2000384bf3b
  8. Why my Laptop auto eject DVD tray ?

Why my Laptop auto eject DVD tray ?: While using the PC, I noticed that it randomly ejects DVDs. Even when the DVD is not inserted, the light blinks and the motor spins at any time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-auto-eject-dvd-tray/319f1b71-2a39-4306-b71a-e2000384bf3b
  9. Why does my DVD drive spin up and down at various times while computer is on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my DVD drive spin up and down at various times while computer is on?: Yes I have a DVD in the DVD drive but am not watching it when the DVD drive spins up and down which is very very odd. Computer is a desktop PC....
  10. Why does my DVD drive spin up and down at various times while computer is on?

Why does my DVD drive spin up and down at various times while computer is on?: Yes I have a DVD in the DVD drive but am not watching it when the DVD drive spins up and down which is very very odd. Computer is a desktop PC....