Windows 10: why no longer able to choose "play" rather than "download"?

Discus and support why no longer able to choose "play" rather than "download"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I received an audio attachment in an email, I used to be able to choose "Play" or "Download" but now I have no choice --- I must download it first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanD1948, Jun 28, 2020.

1. AlanD1948 Win User

why no longer able to choose "play" rather than "download"?

When I received an audio attachment in an email, I used to be able to choose "Play" or "Download" but now I have no choice --- I must download it first before I can play it. Is there some way I can set it so I again have the choice?

P.S. I am using VLC as my default audio player. Thank you in advance for your replies.

:)

AlanD1948, Jun 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 is downloading updates rather than allowing me to decide if I want them downloaded.

*Original Title: automatic updates

Windows 10 is downloading updates rather than allowing me to decide if I want them downloaded. This sometimes occurs at times when I need to conserve data so that I don't have to pay for additional data through my carrier. Is there a work around? I've
    noticed that some posts suggest downloading the troubleshooter to choose what will be downloaded; but, that is not a solution.

VickieBrewer, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I downloaded Ark Scorched Earth but it won't let me play

Hi
    Cheyen,

There are a lot of possible reason why you cannot launch or play that specific game. To isolate this matter, we
    have some questions for you:

• Did you download the game from Windows Store?

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the game is not compatible with Windows 10 and need to be in
    compatibility mode
    for it to run.
    We suggest that you run the
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes.
    To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Programs.

• Click on
      Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
      and follow the instructions.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 28, 2020
  4. why no longer able to choose "play" rather than "download"?

Print Screen resolution 28 rather than 72 ppi

• What is the make and model of your device?
    I am using a PC with a Dell screen

• Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue happening?
    Only automatic ones associated with Windows 10

• Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    Nothing

Edit to say - Sorry, I've resolved my own problem. I was reading pixels per centimetre rather than pixels per inch - when the correct measurement is used my screen turns out to be 72 pixels per inch as usual.

Apologies for bothering you but thanks for trying to help.

ChrisAnnSen, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

why no longer able to choose "play" rather than "download"?

1. why no longer able to choose "play" rather than "download"? - Similar Threads - why longer able

2. Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Drag and Drop copy rather than actually dragging and dropping?: When I want to move a file elsewhere such as from hard drive to flash drive, I click "Send to" and click the destination without any problem. It appears at the destination, but it is also still there at the source as if it merely copied instead and being dragged. Also if I...
  3. In Azure DevOps how can I choose a different work item as a child of a feature rather than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Azure DevOps how can I choose a different work item as a child of a feature rather than...: I would like to update the process workflow for DevOps in particular a derived Agile process My Agile but I assume that the solution would work for any derived process.When i look at a Feature work item in the backlog and press the add work item icon I automatically create a...
  4. In Azure DevOps how can I choose a different work item as a child of a feature rather than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Azure DevOps how can I choose a different work item as a child of a feature rather than...: I would like to update the process workflow for DevOps in particular a derived Agile process My Agile but I assume that the solution would work for any derived process.When i look at a Feature work item in the backlog and press the add work item icon I automatically create a...
  5. Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?: (Yet another) windows update query. I don't mind it restarting after an update, completely understand the need to keep it updated, but I'm wondering if there's any way to configure windows update to auto restart to apply the updates, then shutdown the machine completely...
  6. Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?

Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?: My cpu is overheating and im going to change the thermal laste but im not sure if thats the problem Gpu: gtx 1060 3gb Cpu: core i7 8700k submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen [link] [comments]...
  7. Installation Media Keeps Downloading to A Different Drive Rather Than My USB

Installation Media Keeps Downloading to A Different Drive Rather Than My USB: I’m trying to create a Windows installation media for a pc I’m building, but the installation media keeps installing on my family computer’s C drive, which is completely full. I don’t know where I can change the download destination. Can anybody help? submitted by...
  8. Why laptop updated to Windows 10 build 1803 rather than 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why laptop updated to Windows 10 build 1803 rather than 1809: My lenovo laptop updated to 1803 rather than 1809. Why might that be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-laptop-updated-to-windows-10-build-1803-rather/29ad2e35-61c6-4745-8e74-d91998cb3c57
  9. No longer able to choose options in Windows 10 updates - what happened

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No longer able to choose options in Windows 10 updates - what happened: As a matter of background info, I have always kept up with the latest windows update. At one time - up until a few weeks ago - I had options within Windows Updates (in Windows 10), which gave me choices on how I wanted to download the updates. I have Windows 10 Home. Many of...
  10. Change default download/install, etc, location to HDD rather than SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change default download/install, etc, location to HDD rather than SSD: I want basically everything to go to my 1TB HDD (D*Smile by default, but hardly anything does. My SSD (C*Smile is now at 18.6GB. Is it possible to make the D: drive my "main drive" while not moving all the MS/Windows files there too and messing everything up? The computer...