Windows 10: Why no request for an activation code

Discus and support Why no request for an activation code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After two installations in two weeks both times I have booted from a Windows 10 Pro DVD only to find that not only does it not ask for an activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 10, 2020.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Why no request for an activation code

After two installations in two weeks both times I have booted from a Windows 10 Pro DVD only to find that not only does it not ask for an activation code first but has caused me to make tow VERY long phone calls to Microsoft to get it put right that is that apparently any installation media even labelled as Pro will default to the Home version.
    Does anyone know what the reason for this is for ??

Why I want to know is that if I have to reinstall yet again for any reason is there any way around this problem ie the device asking for an activation code on inserting the DVD or stick?? avoiding the wretched phone call to Microsoft support to correct the installation from Home to Pro??

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 10, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Sep 10, 2020
  4. 7thSense Win User

activation code request

1. Get a new activation code
    To receive a Windows Phone activation code, contact the Microsoft Customer Service team. Someone there will help you free of charge. To reach Microsoft Customer Service, customers in the U.S. can call (800) MICROSOFT (642-7676). Information for other locations
    can be found by going toMicrosoft Worldwide.

Important You should keep your new activation code someplace safe. If you ever have to reset this phone back to factory settings, you’ll see the
    Activate Windows Phone screen again, and you can reuse this new activation code. Don't share your code with anyone else. Doing this may prevent your new code from working.

Note You can tap Skip on the Activate Windows Phone screen, which lets you continue to use your phone until you get a new activation code.

2. Return to the Activate Windows Phone screen and enter your new activation code

You'll be able to enter your new activation code the next time that you use a Windows Phone feature that requires a Microsoft account sign in (such as playing a game on Xbox LIVE, downloading an app from Windows Phone Store or Marketplace, or adding a Hotmail/Outlook.com
    email account). In any of these instances, you'll receive a Microsoft account sign in screen, and then you'll be asked to enter your new activation code.

For example, you can access a Microsoft account sign-in screen by adding a Microsoft account to your phone. Here's how:

• On your phone, go to Start, flick left to the App list, tap
      Settings

Collapse this imageExpand this image
      Why no request for an activation code 2597398.png

, and then tap Email+accounts.
    • Tap Add an account, and then tap Microsoft account (Windows Live
      on a Windows Phone 7).
    • If you haven't signed in with a Microsoft account yet, the Before you sign in screen appears. On this screen, tap
      Next.
    • Tap the Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) box, and then enter your Microsoft account.
    • Tap the Password box, and then enter your Microsoft account password.
    • Tap Sign in. You'll see the Activate Windows Phone screen. Enter your new activation code and tap
      Activate.

Check this KB article for a more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2431699

7thSense, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Why no request for an activation code - Similar Threads - Why request activation

2. requesting for pc QR code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    requesting for pc QR code: Split from this thread. I want to link my phone to my pic and it is requesting for pc QR codewhere can I find my QR code in my Lenovo yoga 300 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/requesting-for-pc-qr-code/7ca7515b-1f74-435b-8763-ed883cc837bf
  3. requesting for pc QR code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    requesting for pc QR code: Split from this thread. I want to link my phone to my pic and it is requesting for pc QR codewhere can I find my QR code in my Lenovo yoga 300 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/requesting-for-pc-qr-code/7ca7515b-1f74-435b-8763-ed883cc837bf
  4. ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 the request is not supported... Why??: I try to install QuickTime and ShellExecuteEx failed Code;50 The request is not supported appeared, i also try to run as administrator it says same thing, When i tried to install another app to check it just same I searched for answer but there's no same problem or...
  5. Why no request for an activation code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why no request for an activation code: After two installations in two weeks both times I have booted from a Windows 10 Pro DVD only to find that not only does it not ask for an activation code first but has caused me to make tow VERY long phone calls to Microsoft to get it put right that is that apparently any...
  6. Password Reset Code Requests

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Reset Code Requests: I'm getting daily password reset code requests, one a day. Is it possible that someone is sending out requests to multiple addresses and typing in random numbers hoping for a match? Even if the chance is one in 10 million, if they are sending out 10 million requests a day,...
  7. request for window activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    request for window activation: how can i activate my window 10 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-window-activation/989cef28-a233-42ba-9386-8330ff6f2a73
  8. Parallel - Request for Windows Activation

Parallel - Request for Windows Activation: Hi there, I am a mac user and run 365 on it. I have recently installed parallel to run sage accounting software. Parallel is requesting me to install windows 10 but I have already renewed 365 and don't feel like spending more money on another version! The error code is...
  9. windows activation request

windows activation request: What does error code 0xC004F071 mean? The computer is wanting an activation of Windows but it was activated two years ago. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-request/ef5d61a7-6a33-4a9b-bc1e-c5c12cee6e94"
  10. activation request

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activation request: I did the Free upgrade to Windows 10. from Windows 7 and now I getting request to activate again, where do I find the digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/activation-request/5b23429d-983a-45ce-9ef7-6ca8849d5c3b