Windows 10: Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?

Discus and support Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My wife's Dell computer has a lot more options in the Advance Power settings. Including "USB Settings". Why would my HP Envy 32 not have those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MarkTiede, Jan 24, 2021.

1. MarkTiede Win User

Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?

My wife's Dell computer has a lot more options in the Advance Power settings. Including "USB Settings". Why would my HP Envy 32 not have those options? I have USB devices plugged in. Like my mouse, a hard drive, an m-disc drive.

:)

MarkTiede, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Guru-# Win User

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Jan 24, 2021
  3. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem was with headphones plugged
    in the laptop, the battery would drain significantly in sleep mode and Hibernation. I believe headphones are powered by the USB power delivery.

Everything I look into says go to advanced power settings and change it there. My settings do not have that option. I have Balanced power (only): Desktop background settings, sleep, power buttons and lid, display, and battery.

Wayne_MCSE, Jan 24, 2021
  4. jds63 Win User

Problem with Advanced Power Settings

For System file checker error :
    Right Click Start Menu, type services.msc and press Enter.
    Look down the list for Windows Modules Installer make sure it is set to manual.

DISM Error 87 may be due to putting it in wrong.

It is looking more like need to repair this install. Windows 10 came on this when you bought it used. correct ? Either try Recovery options to reset the laptop without loosing any files. I do not know if upgrade was most likely done first as it is an older laptop, it should of been done first as you had to, to be activated then.

Option # 2 since i believe it is not UEFI BIOS Reset Windows 10

Also suggest if you do not already have to make a disc or USB Bootable Flash Drive, good to have.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

jds63, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings? - Similar Threads - Why USB Settings

2. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  3. Advanced Power Plan setting not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Power Plan setting not working: Hi,Since my last Windows 11 update to version 22H2, my PC does NOT automatically go to sleep. It sleep on if I use the CTRL + F1 keys of my keyboard.When I try to use the Advanced Power Plan Setting to High Performane, the Apply Button does not highlight and my Power Setting...
  4. Advanced power settings help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced power settings help: Hello a few months ago i downlaoded AVG battery saver lnto my laptop and i deleted it awhile sgo snd now its still being used on my laptop even though the app isnt on my laptop. everytime i turn my laptop on the battery lowers and i looked on my advanced power settings and...
  5. USB Power settings - WHY!???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Power settings - WHY!???: OK a little bit of a rant and reporting and issue that should never have happened. This happened to my son who depends on things like live streaming for his income as a professional musician. I'm a former MSFT consultant and assisted with this troubleshooting over a the...
  6. advanced power settings

advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  7. No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No USB in Power Options, Advanced settings: I have an ASUS Zenbook, Windows 10 Home 64bit. I wanted to adjust the USB settings, specifically to have the USB shutoff while in sleep mode. I believe the USB is still being powered as my battery drains when I have a mouse plugged in, even it is off. Originally my problem...
  8. Change Advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 does not contain USB settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 does not contain USB settings: My laptop does not recognize when I USB connect the tablet and I am trying all the fixes recommended. One of them is to change the USB suspend power plan settings but my Change Advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 does not contain USB settings at all. How can I access them?...
  9. Can not change Advanced Power Settings

Can not change Advanced Power Settings: I have switch to the high performance power plan but I want to change a few of the advanced power settings but when I click on it nothing happens no menu, nothing!...
  10. Problem with Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings: I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my...