Windows 10: Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

Discus and support Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, May 21, 2020.

1. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

This question has been dogging me for years.

I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this --

Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor? [​IMG]

But now I ask myself, self, what if you upgraded to a significantly bigger monitor? Not for gaming but really so I had the room to leave more apps open and accessible all the time? The industry wants you to buy something like this --

-- for $499. But I'm like, wait, I can get a 4K TV set with ten more inches for less than half that price ($229) --

-- AND get a TV in the same room for 'free'.

HERE'S THE QUESTION -- Why wouldn't someone just by the 4K TV instead? Is there a spec thing I'm not considering? Is it that if I sat 3 feet away from a 4K set it would look all pixelated?

:)

The Pool Man, May 21, 2020
  2. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, May 21, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Want Large 4K Monitor (>48 inch) no TV tuner necessary

Hi there

would like to get a very high quality 4K monitor (>48 inch) that doesn't need a TV tuner but has at least 2 and preferably 3 HDMI inputs.

Most of the high quality 4K stuff seems to be TV's that can double as a Monitor, or the large ones that are monitors only seem capable of 1080p at max res.

Any recommendation.

Cheers
    Jimbo

jimbo45, May 21, 2020
  4. chofack Win User

Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

1. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor? - Similar Threads - Why buy small

2. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 on a 4k monitor displays too small: I use my 4k tv as a computer monitor but now everything is way too small. How do I enlarge the icons and text? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-4k-monitor-displays-too-small/2ad8c5d7-ca21-4d40-b561-0a56401cc459
  6. Is a 4K TV good as a monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is a 4K TV good as a monitor: A 4K 32" monitor would cost me over $400. I can pick up a 4K 42" LCD LED TV for $300. Any reason I should not use the TV as monitor for photoshop and premier pro video editing? I am using a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU.
  7. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  8. 4K Monitors

4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. Want Large 4K Monitor (>48 inch) no TV tuner necessary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Want Large 4K Monitor (>48 inch) no TV tuner necessary: Hi there would like to get a very high quality 4K monitor (>48 inch) that doesn't need a TV tuner but has at least 2 and preferably 3 HDMI inputs. Most of the high quality 4K stuff seems to be TV's that can double as a Monitor, or the large ones that are monitors only seem...