Windows 10: Why not Restore Points?

Discus and support Why not Restore Points? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've seen many web pages describing how to turn on Win10 support of Restore Points, but I cannot find anything describing why MS has the support turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pokeefe0001, Sep 14, 2018.

1. pokeefe0001 Win User

Why not Restore Points?

I've seen many web pages describing how to turn on Win10 support of Restore Points, but I cannot find anything describing why MS has the support turned off by default. I know some people have had problems with Restore Points in the past (including me) but I also know that they've saved my cookies a few times. Does MS feel they are unneeded? Dangerous? Unreliable? When the alternative option is a full system recovery it seems that going back to an earlier Restore Point is a reasonable first attempt at recovery.

:)

pokeefe0001, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Reymichael Ros Win User
    creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Roan T Win User

Why not Restore Points?

the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Why not Restore Points?

1. Why not Restore Points? - Similar Threads - Why Restore Points

2. Why not Restore Points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why not Restore Points?: I've seen many web pages describing how to turn on Win10 support of Restore Points, but I cannot find anything describing why MS has the support turned off by default. I know some people have had problems with Restore Points in the past (including me) but I also know that...
  3. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: How do I change the drive where my restore points are being saved. For some reason it changed and now my restore point is being saved on some Drive G. After an update I get a message that I am running low on space. The only way for me to get that message to go away is to...
  4. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Computer laptop was on when I went to lunch Returned to computer & found a restore point titled Windows Module Installer no idea what was installed? I know it ran daily maintenance but usually the restore point has Checkpoint Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]...
  5. restore points

restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...
  6. Restore Points

Restore Points: How can I permanently save a restore point. Every time I set one it gets pushed out of the way with automatic updates. How can I stop automatic updates until I complete my restore? I know it shouldn't take that long. But I'm having trouble figuring out how to run...
  7. Restore points

Restore points: A bit over a month ago I activated creation of system restore points on Windows 10. However, I just looked at the list restore point and am confused. There was one created when I (unsuccessfully) tried to take an image backup, 4 for when I was installing drivers and/or...
  8. Why do my restore points vanish?

Why do my restore points vanish?: I have never had many restore points on my 2-in-1 Tablet, presumably to do with the small size of the SSD. But recently I have found the couple or so I normally have, disappear every day. I have been having to replace them every few hours. Why is this and what can I do about...
  9. restore point

restore point: I can not get a game to load. need to set system restore point to earlier date.. when I do that it automatically shows present date? 61373
  10. Restore Point

Restore Point: Question; My computer had to be reformatted because of a lock out by a hacker, can I use a restore point that I made before the hack, to restore my files? The restore points and system image are on my back up drive , I restored a couple of files from it. and the folders are...