Windows 10: Why not show reviews from all countries on Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Why not show reviews from all countries on Microsoft Store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm an independent developer of an application on Microsoft Store, currently struggling to increase my user base. In this situation, it's very... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Waveworks, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Waveworks Win User

Why not show reviews from all countries on Microsoft Store?

I'm an independent developer of an application on Microsoft Store, currently struggling to increase my user base. In this situation, it's very frustrating to see that several existing users have given my application top reviews, all written in English, but these reviews are only shown in their home countries, because that's how the review system works: People browsing for apps can only see reviews posted in their own countries. As a result, many potential customers who find my application's page on Microsoft Store will see zero reviews, most probably leading to fewer installs than if they could see those great reviews.

When I search the internet about this problem, I find many posts on the same topic: Both application users and application developers want the reviews to be shown globally. The users want to be informed about what they're installing, and developers like me want the reviews to reach out. In the cases where Microsoft's agents have responded to such posts, they have recommended users to switch region, so they can see other reviews. That's not helpful.

What can be the reason for this design choice? It would reduce my frustration if at least I could find a rational explanation. As far as I can see, even Microsoft must be losing money on this, since people generally will buy less software on their Store.

And more importantly, where can I direct my feedback, so that the relevant developers, designers and managers can reconsider this design and maybe change it in a future update?

:)

Waveworks, Mar 29, 2020

2. How to see all reviews from all countries in the store?

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
    • Search or browse for the app, and then tap or click it.
    • Under Ratings and reviews, click on Show all option.
    • You shall get all reviews on that particular app.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Unable to update review on Microsoft store apps

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we appreciate the effort and time that you have taken to provide your review on store apps. However, we would suggest you to try signing out from Microsoft Store and sign in back and check if you are getting the
    Update option. If the issue still persists, please follow the steps mentioned below and check.

1. Search for wsreset.exe in search bar.
    2. Right click on the Run command and select Run as administrator.
    3. A command prompt window will open after which the Microsoft Store will open.
    4. Then try updating the review.

You can also log on to online
    Microsoft Store
    and provide your review suggestions.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Why not show reviews from all countries on Microsoft Store?

I cannot change country for Microsoft Store

Hi Adam,

I'm Evett an Independent Adviser, willing to assist you with your issue.

You are required to select the region and country you are living in at the moment of Windows installation on your PC. You can find apps available in your region at the prices based on your location on the Windows Store. I suggest you follow the steps from the
    article below to change the country or region for Microsoft Store: Change your country or region in Microsoft Store

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/403926...

Best regards,

Evett

Evett Slanders, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Why not show reviews from all countries on Microsoft Store?

1. Why not show reviews from all countries on Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - Why show reviews

2. No Internet Access Wi-Fi Apple Store All Country or Store All Country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet Access Wi-Fi Apple Store All Country or Store All Country: Uykjg5rfddr76dykityud6rjjyrr6udyjj5rtke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-wi-fi-apple-store-all-country/5be65d6c-2be8-41ef-9cd1-6346b9c81017
  3. No Internet Access Wi-Fi Apple Store All Country or Store All Country

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Access Wi-Fi Apple Store All Country or Store All Country: Uykjg5rfddr76dykityud6rjjyrr6udyjj5rtke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-wi-fi-apple-store-all-country/5be65d6c-2be8-41ef-9cd1-6346b9c81017
  4. Why don't some reviews show up in the MS store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't some reviews show up in the MS store: Some of my customers in the same country told me they wrote a review of my app in the MS app store, but neither they nor I can see one of these reviews. Does someone have an idea what is going on there? I already read a lot of other threads with this and similar questions,...
  5. Why don't some reviews show up in the MS store

Why don't some reviews show up in the MS store: Some of my customers in the same country told me they wrote a review of my app in the MS app store, but neither they nor I can see one of these reviews. Does someone have an idea what is going on there? I already read a lot of other threads with this and similar questions,...
  6. Microsoft Store has stopped showing reviews

Microsoft Store has stopped showing reviews: For whatever reason the Microsoft Store no longer lets me access/see reviews for any apps. I can see the rating, but the "reviews" button/tab that is usually in the section where the "overview", System Requirements", "Related" buttons/tabs are is gone. Clicking the apps...
  7. microsoft store no longer shows reviews

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store no longer shows reviews: The only page that shows reviews seems to be the Microsoft 365 personal page. The others do not have a tabOther apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-no-longer-shows-reviews/817ef301-0583-449a-bf53-2010b78c1456
  8. Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?

Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?: Hello, I was going to buy a game called "Minecraft dungeons hero edition" in Minecraft website it says 30$ and when I go to microsoft store with USA region it says 30$ like the site cool, but when I change the region to my country Egypt it says 265 EGP [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Reviews Microsoft store from multiple languages

Reviews Microsoft store from multiple languages: Hello, When I visit the Microsoft store app, I only see reviews in my spoken language Dutch, which means many apps dont show reviews at all. Is there a way to also include reviews in other languages like English without having to change my standard language from Dutch to...
  10. why can't i see reviews in microsoft store?

why can't i see reviews in microsoft store?: [ATTACH] there's still a way to enter the reviews interface,but nothing can be loaded.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-reviews-in-microsoft-store/994eaa7e-ec8b-49c6-8e81-7ad71e35e76b"