Windows 10: Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?

Discus and support Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With the newest recent builds of Win10, there still no time zone settings? Some people don't have Internet to synch with a time server during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10freak, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?

With the newest recent builds of Win10, there still no time zone settings?
    Some people don't have Internet to synch with a time server during installation, so I hope MS will add support to let people set their time zones during installation of Win10.

I am still stumped as to why MS did not include this.

:)

win10freak, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Lecherro Win User

timezone

Hi Taseeen15

When entering date & time settings do you click the box where the actual timezone is listed. Hopefully a full list of timezones should appear when you click. You can then use your mouse wheel to scroll up and down in the list and select UTC+1.

Hope you succeed

Henning

Lecherro, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Timezone Change

Hi Iselda,

For us to properly isolate the issue with changing the timezone, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type in cmd. You'll see Command Prompt listed.
      Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type tzutil /l to see the list of all time zones.
    • Once you have found your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line. Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy
    • Afterwards, type tzutil /s "paste the time zone here". Like this:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations!); then, Enter.
    • Exit the Command Prompt, and then go to your time settings.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 13, 2019
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?

timezone nokia asha 302

Hi adin,

Welcome to Nokia forum!

Could you check if the "Auto-update of time" is disabled by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Date and time.
    • Scroll down to Auto-update of time then select Off.
    Also, I've checked my Asha 302 and verified that there's no GMT +1 Amsterdam on the timezone list. What you can do is to set it to the nearest place from Amsterdam. It could be +1 Paris or +1 Berlin.

jekiboi20, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install?

1. Why not still Timezone Settings during Win10 Install? - Similar Threads - Why still Timezone

2. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  3. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD during Win10 Install on new build: Hey there, I finished my new PC and am trying to use the media creation tool to install windows 10, however during the installation process usually early on after copying files I get a BSOD and my system restarts. I can get into the Bios and all my components are shown there....
  4. BSOD during Win10 Install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Probem during win10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probem during win10 installation: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, I was installing windows10 on my computer, at the beginning everything was fine, language choice, keyboard, wifi, outlook, cortana.. But suddenly the screen flickers and turns grey. Here is a video of what happened. Have you any ideas? Thank...
  6. No inet DURING fresh install win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No inet DURING fresh install win10: Does anyone know why win10 is not recognizing my inet during fresh install setup. It worked fine the first time installed win10, now it says no inet connection and I have to do a limited setup. I am not talking about after its installed. I'm talking about during...
  7. Several BSOD during Win10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several BSOD during Win10 installation: Hello everyone, I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need urgent help. Some weeks ago, I had an issue with my pc and jumped back to an earlier installation, since then I started to receive blue screens, today I decided to make a clean, new windows10 install. Unfortunately I...
  8. Win10 Freezes during install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Freezes during install: New build. Install of Win10 the first time went through and worked for 3 months then crashed continously. Formatted drive and reinstalled Win10 and seconds after signing in the system would just freeze. New hard drive try loading Win10 freezes during installation. Have...
  9. Timezone Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timezone Settings: GMT Timezone is not in the timezone settings, do anyone know how to add my timezone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timezone-settings/4b3419c7-cfc4-44bc-9888-b5fdd36deb58
  10. win10 settings with recovery installation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win10 settings with recovery installation: Hi I want to know something. Does win10 save PC settings (control panel and system panel) with Microsoft account? I am asking this as i have come across some windows problems and i am going to run recovery. Obviously it will bring the system to factory settings and i had set...