Windows 10: Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just finished updating my Windows 10 Pro from build 1511 to 1903. I noticed that my usual NVIDIA color settings aren't applying, more specifically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZUIUN_IS_GOD, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro?

Just finished updating my Windows 10 Pro from build 1511 to 1903. I noticed that my usual NVIDIA color settings aren't applying, more specifically when:

• the computer boots up
    • I alt+tab while gaming, or exiting said game.
    • I run said games a second time even without alt+tabbing

and I have to reapply them every single time. I read this post and did all things listed there; namely:

• Set NVIDIA as admin
    • Disabled Calibration Loader in Task Scheduler
    • Unchecked "Use Windows Display Calibration" in Color Management
    • Downloaded and installed the latest NVIDIA driver (445.87)
    • Disabled Fast Startup
    • Initiated Full Shutdown after applying everything

and it fixed nothing except the boot up part. The settings still reset when I do the gaming ones.

I'd like to ask if this is a bug in the update, and that updating to build 1909 will fix it. Also, if anyone here has an alternative solution to this problem.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. =)

submitted by /u/ZUIUN_IS_GOD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZUIUN_IS_GOD, Apr 20, 2020

2. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro?

Adjust Desktop Color Settings

I have Windows 10 Version 1709. My problem is that my Desktop color settings keep automatically changing. I set my desktop settings to

use my NVIDIA graphics card settings, Everything is fine until I sign out. When I sign in they are changed to Other applications control color settings. Now my desktop has really dark colors. When it's set to use NVIDIA settings it is at 50% Brightness which
    is how I want it. How do I keep it from changing.

dad45manville, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro?

1. Why NVIDIA Desktop Color Settings not applying in Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Why NVIDIA Desktop

2. Nvidia Desktop Color Settings keep resetting since 2004 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Desktop Color Settings keep resetting since 2004 Windows 10 update: submitted by /u/Ascerta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibn3ej/nvidia_desktop_color_settings_keep_resetting/
  3. Windows10 Version 2004 Nvidia Color Settings drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows10 Version 2004 Nvidia Color Settings drop: Starting with the Windows 1903 Update my Nvidia Color Settings would drop...normally when coming out of sleep. I have contacted nVidia and there has been an open ticket with nVidia Support for over 8 months. I keep getting from them that the Ticket is open and they have not...
  4. Windows 10 Settings for Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings for Color: I want to have my task bar in black, while keeping the information boxes that come up in white with black text. So far I have not been able to do this on my laptop. You either get both taskbar and information boxes in black, or both in white. I have split colors on my...
  5. Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does selecting system in windows settings turn off my nvidia color settings?: Whenever I select the system option in windows settings my nvidia color profile goes back to default. Is there a way to keep this from happening? This is on windows version 1903 Video submitted by /u/HunkHills [link] [comments]...
  6. Colors setting in Windows 10 Pro

Colors setting in Windows 10 Pro: I navigated to COLORS via: Start >> Settings >> Personalization, and set the parameters as follows: Choose your color: Light Transparency effects: ON Choose your accent color Automatically pick an accent color from my background: CHECKED Show accent color on the following...
  7. Colors Registry is not being applied

Colors Registry is not being applied: I changed my hot tracking color to green (0 204 0) by modifying the HotTrackingColor key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Colors. Here it is on a blue background color. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Unfortunately, the hot tracking color changes back to blue after I lock and...
  8. Setting Brightness Windows 10 Pro | Desktop

Setting Brightness Windows 10 Pro | Desktop: Hi, I have Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and GTX 1650 (Driver updated 430.86). My problem is I can't find setting for brightness, like slider in windows control panel. I have to set it with nvidia control panel. How to enable windows brightness slider?? Sorry for my bad...
  9. why isn't my color setting apply to my laptop when its on battery.

why isn't my color setting apply to my laptop when its on battery.: For my personal preference, I adjust the color configuration on the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. I managed to reduced the contrast and gamma to get my eyes comfortable when I am plugged in. Somehow when I am on the battery, it looks like the color setting just goes back...
  10. desktop color setting

desktop color setting: I just got my computer back from having the sound card replaced and I turned it on and the background is a very hard to look at pink hue over the whole desktop, doesn't anyone know how to fix it? thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx1650 windows 10color profile

2. restore default colors for apps