Windows 10: Why office 365 setup takes so long?

Discus and support Why office 365 setup takes so long? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Lately, when I install Office 365 for students the setup takes 6 hours and still doesn't end. The climax is that I forced it shut down and after the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Bogdann, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Bogdann Win User

Why office 365 setup takes so long?

Lately, when I install Office 365 for students the setup takes 6 hours and still doesn't end. The climax is that I forced it shut down and after the reboot office 365 was already installed. I downloaded setup from office.com. Some time ago I had no such problems.

I use Windows 10 64bit v1909 with preinstalled antivirus and the internet connection is very good(gigabit).

:)

Bogdann, Jan 3, 2020

2. Office 365 setup help.

Hello

How do we setup Office 365?

I tapped on setup and in the list of email servers, I selected Hotmail and put up the credential. Like in NOKIA Faq it asks to sign using outlook but I did it with hotmail. Is it okay? It still shows up option to setup if I tap Office 365 option in 'places.'

Before this I had already setup Email and accounts and using skydrive, but not office 365.

Thanks!

Creaturebot, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Plettza Win User

How to Setup Office 365 account in Office Places?

The other day I purchased an Office365 Home Premium subscription.

I noticed on my Lumia 920, in the Office app there are a number of locations listed under the "places" hub. For example, there is phone, email, and SkyDrive and lastly, Office365.

I have managed to setup SkyDrive and that works but when I try and setup Office 365, I get the ability to add an account. I select Outlook (Outlook.com, Exchange, Office 365). When I use my Microsoft Live/Office 365 account details, I get the message "Account
    already exists". And that's true... I have Exchange email hosting with another provider.

How do I setup my Office 365 on the phone? What account do I need if it's not accepting my Windows Live details?

NB: I posted here as I don't have an issue with Office 365 itself, just signing in using the Windows Phone 8 Office app.

Plettza, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Why office 365 setup takes so long? - Similar Threads - Why office 365

2. Why does it take so long to finish an app setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it take so long to finish an app setup?: So basically, I'm installing an app, but it takes a while. It's still being installed.The app is being installed on the hard drive.Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-take-so-long-to-finish-an-app-setup/3b977660-29af-4770-b0b0-bf8e27f39c95
  3. Why does it take so long to finish an app setup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does it take so long to finish an app setup?: So basically, I'm installing an app, but it takes a while. It's still being installed.The app is being installed on the hard drive.Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-take-so-long-to-finish-an-app-setup/3b977660-29af-4770-b0b0-bf8e27f39c95
  4. Why does it take so long to finish an app setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is disk partitioning taking so long?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is disk partitioning taking so long?: I am trying to partition my pc's harddsik. It is alerdy split in 2. This is not my main drive, I have a SSD as my C: drive.The disk I am trying to partition is 2TB sized, and it is partitioned in two 1TB disks. I want to split my second one into a 600GB one and a 400GB one....
  6. Why is disk partitioning taking so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is disk partitioning taking so long?: I am trying to partition my pc's harddsik. It is alerdy split in 2. This is not my main drive, I have a SSD as my C: drive.The disk I am trying to partition is 2TB sized, and it is partitioned in two 1TB disks. I want to split my second one into a 600GB one and a 400GB one....
  7. Why is disk partitioning taking so long?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why is the weather taking so long to load?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the weather taking so long to load?: Why is the weather taking so long to load? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-weather-taking-so-long-to-load/b385727d-d338-4d92-8bfb-aa555fd02704
  9. Why does it take so long to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does it take so long to update?: I started a Windows update yesterday around 10:00 am Sunday. Let it run till this morning at 7:00 am and it said 3% last night when I went to bed and again 3% when I turned my laptop off. Why so long to update? I could see an hour or so but not close to 24 hours. Is...
  10. Why does startup take so long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does startup take so long?: After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify...