Windows 10: WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS

Discus and support WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is incredible frustrating. I forgot my password once, and this started a chain of forgetting my passwords, and now eveyr password ive ever used... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamuelSutherland, Apr 11, 2020.

1. WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS

This is incredible frustrating. I forgot my password once, and this started a chain of forgetting my passwords, and now eveyr password ive ever used in my entire life cannot be used iwht my microsoft account. so eveyr single time i try to login i cannot remember the password

and i cannot use a password maanger because that doesnt work with my halo login or my xbox login so please for the love of god just let use reuse old passwords or i wil llose my mind

the worst part is it changes the login to my computer. this turns me off using microsoft for anything ever. whoever decided this standard of never being able to reset your password to a used password should rethinkg their career choices. let me be in control of the password to my own computer. please.

:)

SamuelSutherland, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Bob Marks Win User

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Thanks for your quick response. But my problem is that M.S. says old password con not be used. I want to switch back to my old password. I think I need to contact M.S. to clear the registry for my passwords. Then, I will be able to switch back.

Bob Marks, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 11, 2020
  4. WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS

Using an old password

Hi there,

Is there anyway I can reuse a previous password i’ve already used?

It’s so frustrating that if i change, it says i can’t use an old password.

Thanks.

MartyAbbott, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS

1. WHY ON EARTH CAN I NOT REUSE OLD PASSWORDS - Similar Threads - WHY EARTH REUSE

2. Why can't I reuse old passwords? My security is MY concern, not yours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I reuse old passwords? My security is MY concern, not yours.: FORCING someone to change their password, ESPECIALLY if they do not have a phone like me, is BEYOND STUPID. Microsoft, the *moment* I have enough money for a new computer, I'm switching to apple. That's how big of an issue this is for me. This is incredibly frustrating. MY...
  3. Why can't I reuse old passwords? My security is MY concern, not yours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I reuse old passwords? My security is MY concern, not yours.: FORCING someone to change their password, ESPECIALLY if they do not have a phone like me, is BEYOND STUPID. Microsoft, the *moment* I have enough money for a new computer, I'm switching to apple. That's how big of an issue this is for me. This is incredibly frustrating. MY...
  4. Why can't I reuse old passwords? My security is MY concern, not yours.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  6. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  7. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Google Earth/Google Earth Pro: How do i get the older version of Google Earth back, it had all my Ancestry from all over the World pinned on it. When i installed 365 it replaced it with PRO which has not got my Ancestry pins on it. How can i recover it, I do not have a restore point....
  9. old microsoft tablet not responding to password- anything i can do to reuse it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    old microsoft tablet not responding to password- anything i can do to reuse it: Ive found an old tablet . Its wanting an old password I assume but it isnt responding to any Ive tried as last password used . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-microsoft-tablet-not-responding-to-password/60aa4e82-64f3-4e78-98d0-fb4846bc7f24
  10. How do I reuse an old password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reuse an old password?: So this morning when I turned on my computer, it forced me to go through a verification process that I tried to skip, and forced me to change my password without my consent. I had seen a forum post...