Windows 10: Why on earth would the default setting be to leave the number lock off?

Discus and support Why on earth would the default setting be to leave the number lock off? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't imagine how few users do not want to just have the num lock on when the machine boots. Yet here we are. Amazing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdBeery, Oct 29, 2019.

1. EdBeery Win User

Why on earth would the default setting be to leave the number lock off?

I can't imagine how few users do not want to just have the num lock on when the machine boots.

Yet here we are.

Amazing.

:)

EdBeery, Oct 29, 2019

2. Set Numbers Lock Default

How can I set the Numbers Lock as a Default setting on start up ?

LindaDobbs, Oct 29, 2019
  3. NOPD Win User
    Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

Photoscape is an app that is functioning normally.
    I want to make it my Default Photo Viewer.
    When I go to Settings/Default Apps it is not on the list
    On one attempt to set, it stated that Photoscape was "unavailable" (not sure where that occurred)
    I have tried a number of paths for default apps in Tutorial section without success
    Suggestions for how to get around this barrier?
    Thank You

4. RLAR Win User

Number lock

Ever since I got my new computer hard drive and the most current Windows 10, my number lock key on keyboard's right panel defaults to scroll lock after each boot up. I'd like it to default to number lock, as that's the only way I use these number keys, and often, so would be more convenient. I couldn't find specific task in settings.

Thanks for any help.

Thema:

1. Why on earth would the default setting be to leave the number lock off? - Similar Threads - Why earth default

2. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.: Made attempts to toggle on / off the Number Lock to type numbers, but will not toggle back. I can only use it as arrows. Even tried the on-screen keyboard option to toggle but no success....
  3. Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number Pad Lock Not Turning Off.: Made attempts to toggle on / off the Number Lock to type numbers, but will not toggle back. I can only use it as arrows. Even tried the on-screen keyboard option to toggle but no success....
  4. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbers lock setting: My numbers lock setting won't hold for more than one setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-lock-setting/c3d898aa-41df-4088-b648-33776eb41752
  5. Numbers lock setting

Numbers lock setting: My numbers lock setting won't hold for more than one setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-lock-setting/c3d898aa-41df-4088-b648-33776eb41752
  6. Numbers lock setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Number lock on and off sign blurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number lock on and off sign blurs: Hello,All of sudden, the on and off sign of the Number Lock toggle key shows blurry images. Please see the attached image and let me know what it could potentially cause this. This is Windows 11 on LG Gram 17 2021 model. Thank you....
  8. Number lock on and off sign blurs

Number lock on and off sign blurs: Hello,All of sudden, the on and off sign of the Number Lock toggle key shows blurry images. Please see the attached image and let me know what it could potentially cause this. This is Windows 11 on LG Gram 17 2021 model. Thank you....
  9. Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running

in Browsers and Email
    Why on Earth Would Chrome Have 22 Processes Running: I have a habit of looking at task manager regularly when the computer is on particularly when I feel warm air coming out of the right hand side "mouse" vent. When I looked just now I saw this?? At the most I have only ever seen 4 or 6 at a time. What the hell do you think...
  10. Numbers lock off when restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers lock off when restarting: After upgrading my Windows 8.1 system to to Windows10 , when I restart or turn on my computer the numbers lock key is not turned on. This may sound trivial, but if I forget about it, my passwords won't work because many of the passwords contain numbers. Is there a way for me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the default setting not num lock