Windows 10: Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon?

Discus and support Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime I open Network and Internet to connect at a router i can not see the Wi-Fi option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HappyOrangeFTW12, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon?

Everytime I open Network and Internet to connect at a router i can not see the Wi-Fi option

:)

HappyOrangeFTW12, Apr 17, 2019

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

I have my 'old' Black Panther system now connected by a wi-fi dongle.

There isn't a networking problem here, because the pc gets online with no problem.

However the bottom-right icon (near the clock) shows the symbol for not connected - 5 empty bars and a red cross over them.
    Mousing over the icon it says 'network - internet access' *Confused Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon? :confused: And there is internet.

Why isn't the correct icon showing up? *Wtf :wtf:

Black Panther, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Apr 17, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon?

Wrong wi-fi icon?

Does it show the small red cross over any connection icon under Network Connections (Windows + R -> ncpa.cpl)? If it does, disable that one and see if the task-bar icon remains the same.

temp02, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon?

1. Why on the task bar i do not have the Wi-Fi icon? - Similar Threads - Why task bar

2. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  3. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  4. Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?: Hello Microsoft Forum Users, my Wi-Fi has been recently doing something really strange, when my computer isn't on, it works fine no issues, but when I turn my PC on, it starts having really bad lag spikes and its almost unusable. It goes from 10 mbps to around 100 kbps and...
  5. Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?: Hello Microsoft Forum Users, my Wi-Fi has been recently doing something really strange, when my computer isn't on, it works fine no issues, but when I turn my PC on, it starts having really bad lag spikes and its almost unusable. It goes from 10 mbps to around 100 kbps and...
  6. Why is my Wi-Fi doing this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.: I checked in the Settings if wifi is on and yes, it showed that I have Wi-Fi connection. But I see the icon that means Ethernet connection, not Internet. I tried to reboot my PC and it fixes the issue but only temporary...
  8. How do I fix the function of the Wi-Fi, Volume and Action Center buttons on the task bar...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix the function of the Wi-Fi, Volume and Action Center buttons on the task bar...: How do I fix the function of the Wi-Fi, Volume and Action Center buttons on the task bar after recent update. I tried support chat and Mac Andrew P took control of my computer and ultimately reinstalled win 10 and left the chat before it was done. It didn't complete so as a...
  9. WI-FI icon missing

WI-FI icon missing: Wifi icon is missing, but i can able to import the profile and connect using the command prompt. GUI is not wokring. I tried reinstalling the driver and all the possible ways...
  10. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c