Windows 10: Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

Discus and support Why OneDrive acting like a Virus? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bill Metallinos1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\ $* ... ..But my Desktop Folder was still in C:\Users\USER\Desktop , same as the Documents, Pictures..Also it Starts Downloading Files and Creating Folders WITHOUT Warning and Without my Consent!I tried to move back my Files from USER/Onedrive/Desktop to /USER/Desktop but some folders didn't moved, it continuously g

:)

Bill Metallinos1, Apr 24, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 24, 2024
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Estaric Win User

Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

Why is my machine acting like this?

it sound like it could be some sort of virus or to many back ground processes. Should not be a issue with the cpu listed or the amount of ram you have nothing in terms of hardware should be bottlenecking from what i can tell.

Estaric, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

1. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus? - Similar Threads - Why OneDrive acting

2. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  3. Why is my account acting like I'm a child?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my account acting like I'm a child?: Why is it acting like im a child? I updated my age and when I try to sign in a get an error now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-account-acting-like-im-a-child/dd32d38b-5152-42cf-a824-e127539acb48
  4. Why is my account acting like I'm a child?

Why is my account acting like I'm a child?: Why is it acting like im a child? I updated my age and when I try to sign in a get an error now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-account-acting-like-im-a-child/dd32d38b-5152-42cf-a824-e127539acb48
  5. Onedrive folder acting like User system folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folder acting like User system folder: I don't really know how to put in the right words, but here I come:I think I did something wrong in my recent Windows 11 22621.2428 fresh install because important folders like AppData of Adobe are now in the OneDrive folder.Is there any way to change it? I've never used...
  6. Onedrive folder acting like User system folder

Onedrive folder acting like User system folder: I don't really know how to put in the right words, but here I come:I think I did something wrong in my recent Windows 11 22621.2428 fresh install because important folders like AppData of Adobe are now in the OneDrive folder.Is there any way to change it? I've never used...
  7. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?: For some reason, my computer's storage acts very weirdly, one day I have 45 GB of space the next day I have 25 GB of space without downloading any file at all or having a windows update.I investigated other people's questions about windows acting up when it comes to storage...
  8. Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?

Why my Laptop's storage acts like schrödinger's cat?: For some reason, my computer's storage acts very weirdly, one day I have 45 GB of space the next day I have 25 GB of space without downloading any file at all or having a windows update.I investigated other people's questions about windows acting up when it comes to storage...
  9. Microsoft Store act like a virus that stucks download, plz help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store act like a virus that stucks download, plz help: No matter what i do, what i try, i can't cancel my downloads, it started when i tried to install MC Dungeons and Human Fall Flat, it didnt work and i learned that it was cuz of Gaming Service, it supposed to be installed but no, cuz i was able to install game before and play...
  10. Windows 10 pending update starting to act like if it was a virus.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pending update starting to act like if it was a virus.: Hello!I've recently discovered unexpected behaviour from a Windows 10 pending update.First of, its a "restart only" update. Its weird because recently i've been having updates that update by both restart and shutdown but i thought it wasn't a big of a deal.But the second...