Windows 10: Why only one system restore point

Discus and support Why only one system restore point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Running Win 10 Home on a Dell desktop. Recently I wanted to revert back to an earlier created restore point and to my surprise there was only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by fdm2000, Sep 25, 2020.

1. fdm2000 Win User

Why only one system restore point

Running Win 10 Home on a Dell desktop. Recently I wanted to revert back to an earlier created restore point and to my surprise there was only one restore point shown and it was the previous day - for some reason earlier created restore points were not saved? I know I created a few and some of my applications also created a couple. Wondering why this is occurring and how to configure System Properties to enable multiple restore points. Trying to show how my System Restore is configured in System Properties

Why only one system restore point [​IMG]

Frank

:)

fdm2000, Sep 25, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CWhy only one system restore point :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CWhy only one system restore point :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Ubtree Win User
    Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

I have tried to precisely follow the instructions set out in System Restore Point : Create at System Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums, but the Task Scheduler / script is failing to create a restore point:
    • Running the script manually creates a Restore Point.
    • Task Scheduler appears to run the script, but no Restore Point results.

(The Last Run Result code 0x41301 indicates "The task is already running".)

The Task Scheduler settings are as follows:

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to why the restore points are not being created.

Ubtree, Sep 25, 2020
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

Thema:

1. Why only one system restore point - Similar Threads - Why system restore

2. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  3. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...: I reinstalled Windows 10 and made System Restore Points and even i made some hard disk space for Automatic System Restore Points.After few days i found that System Restore Points are all deleted and even the hard disk space which i made for Automatic System Restore Points...
  4. Why System Restore Points Are Deleted And Even The Disk Space For System Restore Points...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  6. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  7. System restore restore point

8. System restore points deleted by system leaving only last one

System restore points deleted by system leaving only last one: In the last few days a problem has occurred where the print pictures wizard will only print the middle section on a picture. This is the case with two different printers which are driven by profoundly different software one being a digital press, the other a desk top printer....
  9. System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore points all disappeared except one system- created point: Hello: I generally create a system restore point manually-daily. I dont rely on windows to create it for me. I allow lots of space (~30%) of drive for SR. I recently decreased it to 20% when i noticed way more RP's than I needed. Yesterday, I noticed all of the Restore...
  10. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...