Windows 10: Why Opera Facebook Is In Russian?

Discus and support Why Opera Facebook Is In Russian? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can anyone explain me why Opera browser's official facebook page is in Russian? All their posts are in Russian & in comments only Russian users and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ditendra, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ditendra Win User

Why Opera Facebook Is In Russian?

Can anyone explain me why Opera browser's official facebook page is in Russian? All their posts are in Russian & in comments only Russian users and also there are lots of spam from users on their page. As far as I know Opera is or at least was Norwegian company. Did they sold it to Russians?
    I asked my questions on their page & no one replied.

:)

Ditendra, Apr 6, 2016

2. Facebook

My facebook app doesnt work anymore dont know why... Could you fix the application? Cuz the facebook in the opera sucks... Btw i have nokia C3-00

Maaaaaadddd, Apr 6, 2016
  3. varunrajr Win User
    app error

When i use opera mini, ebudy,nimbuz,facebook chat etc they show out of memory . Why this occur?

varunrajr, Apr 6, 2016
  4. Why Opera Facebook Is In Russian?

Where did you download Opera from? Perhaps you ran into a Russian variation of the browser which simply links itself to the Russian FB site? Or you inadvertently downloaded an unintended language pack?

I would dump the present Opera install and locate a US download server for a fresh download to avoid any further problems unless something else got on your system and is connecting to certain select sites like a bot of some type. Dumping the present install and running a security sweep on your system would be an idea.

Night Hawk, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Ditendra Win User
    It was showing Opera facebook in Russian in all browsers, but I figured out the reason: On their page I noticed "switch region" & they decided for my country, that suitable language is Russian (which is nonsense in my opinion). I had to switch to United States to get it ENG Opera facebook. Yeah, I understand that my country is close territorially to Russia, but it doesn't mean we speak Russian or we have anything common with them. I'd definitely prefer international language - English. This is so stupid from Opera, or Facebook or whoever made it that way.

Ditendra, Apr 6, 2016
  6. Can't disagree with you on that! I suspect it was likely FB since you were running into this on everything! Sometimes the auto detect will be off as far as not being domestic to the US were FB is home based.

As for the International form of English compared to the EN-US you will find the spelling will tend to be off by one letter on things. The letter S is used for the EN-INT while the letter Z will be seen with the EN-US spelling on words like Perzonali"Z"ation for the US and Personali"S"ation for the EN-INT. DIfferent letter for the same sound when the words are pronounced.

Night Hawk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why Opera Facebook Is In Russian?

1. Why Opera Facebook Is In Russian? - Similar Threads - Why Opera Facebook

2. WHY IS MY OPERA GX BLOCKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY IS MY OPERA GX BLOCKED: it says it is block by my system administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-opera-gx-blocked/454b4378-9113-4c2f-a29e-705273f42ecd
  3. WHY IS MY OPERA GX BLOCKED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY IS MY OPERA GX BLOCKED: it says it is block by my system administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-opera-gx-blocked/454b4378-9113-4c2f-a29e-705273f42ecd
  4. WHY IS MY OPERA GX BLOCKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is the macedonian keyboard language pack in russian???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the macedonian keyboard language pack in russian???: This is macedonian translated from english:Здраво, јас сум E_68XQ30This is macedonian the language pack's "Macedonian" text output:Хи, Иќм Е-68ЏЉ30...
  6. Why is the macedonian keyboard language pack in russian???

Why is the macedonian keyboard language pack in russian???: This is macedonian translated from english:Здраво, јас сум E_68XQ30This is macedonian the language pack's "Macedonian" text output:Хи, Иќм Е-68ЏЉ30...
  7. Opera & Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Opera & Facebook: I am using Opera as my default at present. Facebook has started filling my page up with 'suggested for you' and these must include almost every newspaper in the country. Opera has a built in ad blocker but these 'ads' on FB are getting though. Help! 183122
  8. Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera

Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera: Why is Windows 10 telling me that Opera Web Browser is unsafe and deletes Opera? I have been using Opera since I bought my computer. Why is Windows labeling it as UNSAFE?...
  9. New member with two questions (Opera and Facebook)

in Browsers and Email
    New member with two questions (Opera and Facebook): I just registered specifically to ask these two questions, although I'm sure I'm going to have many, many more as time passes... I just got the Win10 upgrade; I had it previously when it first became available but went back to 7 when I woke up one morning and all my...
  10. Russian instructions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Russian instructions?: The drop-down sign-in boxes appearing in my newly installed WIN 10 are in Cyrillic script. How can I change to English script? 16647