Windows 10: Why PC has less-services than my laptop.

Discus and support Why PC has less-services than my laptop. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The PC has 2GB RAM, when I saw the Task Manager, it doesnt have many services as my laptop has, it doesnt have like Service Local Host etc. It's memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Elmer, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Why PC has less-services than my laptop.

The PC has 2GB RAM, when I saw the Task Manager, it doesnt have many services as my laptop has, it doesnt have like Service Local Host etc. It's memory is only 36% but my laptop, has Service Local Host etc and many services has 60% (Note: The PC has only one system service and the rest are apps.

:)

John Elmer, Nov 18, 2015

2. Ovi Contact Program on the C5 Leaving Telephone Field Empty, Synching Other Fields

Nokia support engineers will readily admit that PC Suite is way more sophisticated than Ovi, especially in terms of being able to Synch in One Direction, synch three way (Desktop, Phone, Laptop), etc. Why is Nokia marketing software that has less functionality?

GermanOffice, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 (Creators edition 1703) Crashed Twice this morning

Has anyone managed to work out why I am being plagued with system crashes?

Just now, I was attempting to upgrade to Firefox 53 and as soon as I had permitted the upgrade, another system crash occurred.

Also, the camera login feature on my laptop has ceased to work, requiring me to enter a pin, ever since the upgrade to 1703. WHY is this happening? This laptop is less than 2 months old.

Chris D Jones, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Why PC has less-services than my laptop.

Different drivers can load services and background apps, so unless the hardware is identical, I wouldn't expect your two systems to be identical. For example, a laptop will also have a wireless card, so that could account for several services and apps running that a typical desktop doesn't have.

DeaconFrost, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Why PC has less-services than my laptop.

1. Why PC has less-services than my laptop. - Similar Threads - Why has less

2. Different colours on my laptop than my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different colours on my laptop than my pc: ive recently bought an asus tuf gaming f15 an i can say after switching back and forth the pc and this laptop that the colours are different if i could i would want the colours on my laptop to be the same as my pc...
  3. Different colours on my laptop than my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different colours on my laptop than my pc: ive recently bought an asus tuf gaming f15 an i can say after switching back and forth the pc and this laptop that the colours are different if i could i would want the colours on my laptop to be the same as my pc...
  4. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should: Hello,I have an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.However, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB one or two days ago. Could it be because of a recent...
  5. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should: Hello,I have an RTX A2000 gpu, which I know comes with 6 GB of memory.However, when I look at task manager, it shows that it only has 5.5 GB of memory.I'm not sure what caused this, but I do know that it used to say 6 GB one or two days ago. Could it be because of a recent...
  6. Task manager says GPU has less memory than it should

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop just slows to less than a crawl....: Hi - I hope someone can help.Recently, my Windows 10 laptop that was behaving perfectly all of a sudden slowed to an absolute crawl in that when re-starting the laptop it took over an hour to load windows and the few apps that load with it. This normally takes just a minute...
  8. Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?: Why do Win32 apps not have these tile sizes while UWP does:WideLargeIt just doesn't really make sense that Win32 apps don't have those tile sizes. It would be really useful if/when it is added....
  9. My PC lags every 3 seconds for less than a second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC lags every 3 seconds for less than a second.: Yeah, so my PC lags every 3 seconds for less than a second. It lags everywhere, not just in games. The mouse lags, the surroundings lag, it's just so annoying and I'm tired of it. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/JustAndOnlyNatsuki [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop max resolution less than projectors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop max resolution less than projectors: My camera club has just bought a new Projector with a 1920x1200 max resolution, but the clubs Windows laptop screen is only 1920x1080 as is the max graphics card resolution.How can we get the laptop to project at the Projectors max resolution of 1910x1200, or can’t we? Have...