Windows 10: Why primary mSata hard drive also BitLocker

Discus and support Why primary mSata hard drive also BitLocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone explain why on a laptop if the secondary hard drive is using bitlocker it would also bitlock the primary mSata hard drive, that makes no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pedanka, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Pedanka Win User

Why primary mSata hard drive also BitLocker

Can someone explain why on a laptop if the secondary hard drive is using bitlocker it would also bitlock the primary mSata hard drive, that makes no sense to me,

I assumed only one hard drive would be affected if i lost my recovery key.

:)

Pedanka, Jul 17, 2018

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 17, 2018
  3. John Ado Win User
    Unlocking Hard drive

Hi Marty,

To help you with this, follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    link
    . Refer to the three methods.

To answer your questions:

• We can try to enable BitLocker to encrypt your hard drive and then decrypt it later.
    • BitLocker is what we recommend. You may use third-party software at your discretion.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

John Ado, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Why primary mSata hard drive also BitLocker - Similar Threads - Why primary mSata

2. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Hard drive swaping: We have a requirement of moving bit-locker drive across systems. Is there a way to have common TPM certs?ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-hard-drive-swaping/31265215-6e6a-4d19-9797-93969d2d5efc
  3. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Hard drive swaping: We have a requirement of moving bit-locker drive across systems. Is there a way to have common TPM certs?ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-hard-drive-swaping/31265215-6e6a-4d19-9797-93969d2d5efc
  4. Bitlocker Hard drive swaping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Primary hard drive keeps restarting when in use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Primary hard drive keeps restarting when in use.: My hard drive containing windows seems to be restarting while in use. My old hard drive died so I switched to a new one. When I do a fresh install or reseat the drive, it works just fine for a few days and the problem starts again. The red light indicating disk activity glows...
  6. Bitlocker Drive Primary and Only partition corrupted Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Drive Primary and Only partition corrupted Recovery: On my laptop I have one partition and during decryption my laptop suddenly shuts down. I come back and the it won't load my laptop. Tried reset , refresh , recovery point but still unable to recover files. I even tried commands like clean and refresh drive. I tried to create...
  7. Change primary hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change primary hard drive: So when i first built my pc i had a 250gb HDD. As you may tell, that isn't much so i bought and installed a 2tb HDD. I have many files on it now, and i have went to setting and put that i want new files to go to there, but still new files go to the 250gb hard drive. Is there...
  8. Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker/ Hard Drive Issue: Hello, I have an issue with my HP Pro Book. My Windows 10 would not boot, and I need to get access to my files to transfer them to the USB. The laptop was a gift and I was not aware that the drive was encrypted. It turns out that the 48 digit key was not saved to my...
  9. Added mSATA Accessibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added mSATA Accessibility: I added a Samsung EVO 860 mSATA 250GB as a second drive in the available mini PCIe slot that was designed for it in my Lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 os. It shows up in device manager under disk drives correctly, but does not show up anywhere as a local or available...
  10. swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    swapping primary hard drive and reinstalling windows: I want to buy an SSD, install it my computer as the primary drive and move my current hard drive to secondary, to use it for a data drive. This should be simple but I want to make sure. I assume I reinstall my Windows 10 on the new drive, using the same key I own. Then...