Windows 10: why printer will not word

Discus and support why printer will not word in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why printer will not word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-printer-will-not-word/87d60b0c-e93b-43d5-96a6-0288775ddab1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by corethaglover, Oct 6, 2019.

1. why printer will not word

why printer will not word?

:)

corethaglover, Oct 6, 2019

2. Word & Printer Difficulties

Hi JoMartin1,

Please follow these steps to help you resolve your concern:

Troubleshoot the Word app.

1. Open the Word app in safe mode. Starting Word in safe mode can allow you to safely use it when it has encountered certain problems. Press Windows key + R and type this command: word /safe, and click OK.
    2. Follow the steps on the Repair an Office application article. It can automatically repair errors in
      Word files.
    3. Update the Word app. Go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now. Installing any important recommendation and optimal updates can often correct problems by replacing out-of-date files and fixing vulnerabilities.
    4. Uninstall and reinstall the app. You may refer to this
      link

Troubleshoot the printer.

1. Run the Printer troubleshooter. Open settings> Troubleshoot> Printer> Run the troubleshooter> Restart the device.
    2. Update the printer driver. Select Device Manager. Expand Printers,
      find your printer in the list, right-click (or press and hold) it, then select Update Driver.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Word does not recognize my printer

Hi Raian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to print Word document from the printer.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to print from other application like notepad, internet browser, etc?
    • Are you getting any error message/code while printing the word document?
    • Is that printer set as default?
    • What is the make and model of your computer and printer?
    I would suggest you to try these steps and check.

Method 1: Troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run the built-in Printer troubleshooter to fix any errors with the printer settings. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

b) Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

c) Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

d) Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Method 2: Change permissions

I would suggest you to check if the user account has permission to print and manage the printer. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +C, select control panel

b) Under Hardware and devices, select view devices and printers

c) Locate your printer and right click

d) Click on the Printer properties from the menu and select security tab

e) Select your user account name from the list of user accounts

f) Make sure that all the check boxes against the permissions are marked as “Allow”.

If the permission is already set as “allow”, then this could be a network setting issue. Check if your account is configured correctly to the network and check the network options.

Method 3: Re-install the printer

If the permission settings and the network settings are set correctly and yet you are facing this issue, I would suggest uninstall and re-install the printer and check. You can follow the steps provided below to do so:

Note: Please make sure that you have the setup file for the driver of the printer before uninstalling the current version.

a) Press Windows and x key together and click on Device Manager.

b) Locate the printer driver and expand the driver icon.

c) Right click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.

d) Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the driver.

e) Locate the setup file of the driver for the printer.

f) Double Click on the setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the driver.

Check if you are able to find the printer online.

For further reference, you can refer to the links:

How to solve printing problems in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-to-solve-printing-problems

Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/install-a-printer

Note: These article are for Windows 8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 6, 2019
  4. why printer will not word

Printer? Word says there is no printer installed, Printers are listed under Devices and my default is set

Hello Mel,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Printer. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this question to assist you further:

• Does the issue only occur when you are using Word?
    • Have you tried printing any other document like PDF?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Meanwhile we suggest you to try the steps from the links below and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

why printer will not word

1. why printer will not word - Similar Threads - why printer word

2. Printer Problems Word App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Problems Word App: I have recently added Word App to my laptop and now can't print anything from the laptop. Any ideas please?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems-word-app/45639627-8fbf-40ce-a194-ba2d8759f2de
  3. Printer Problems Word App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Problems Word App: I have recently added Word App to my laptop and now can't print anything from the laptop. Any ideas please?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems-word-app/45639627-8fbf-40ce-a194-ba2d8759f2de
  4. Printer Problems Word App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update has ***** word and printers: So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he...
  6. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update has ***** word and printers: So me and my classmates have update all ours computers and now word crashes a lot then we try to print and when we final get to the print screen word still dont want to print. There is one guy who can print and that is because he is the only one who didten update. and now he...
  7. New windows update has ***** word and printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Force word to use default printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force word to use default printer: Hi Community, I have had this problem since switching to Windows 10 years ago, and still cant figure this out and causes a great deal of frustration and wasted labels. One of my job functions is to print product labels to be adhered to containers. This is done on plain paper...
  9. Word not printing in color - printer okay

Word not printing in color - printer okay: "Color was changed due to a conflict with another printer setting." I can not find the other setting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-printing-in-color-printer-okay/06ad4c02-d7d5-4a55-b5a1-2c9785a03fff
  10. Word & Printer Difficulties

Word & Printer Difficulties: Had the laptop & printer for a month. Everything's been working fine. Yesterday afternoon, creating a document in Word, when requested that it print, received the message that there is no printer installed. Wrong! Had been printing all morning just fine, just not in Word....