Windows 10: Why quarantined files as logged in Event Monitor are not listed in Windows Defender's...

Discus and support Why quarantined files as logged in Event Monitor are not listed in Windows Defender's... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am developing a dll library. It keeps getting quarantined by Windows Defender which is fine, I like to see that it is working from time to time. But... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Przemy, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Przemy Win User

Why quarantined files as logged in Event Monitor are not listed in Windows Defender's...

I am developing a dll library. It keeps getting quarantined by Windows Defender which is fine, I like to see that it is working from time to time. But then, I cannot restore it from quarantine at any time.After some digging and monitoring in Event Log, less than half of the quarantined items are ever listed under MpCmdRun.exe -restore -listall, and probably less than 10% are listed under Windows Defender security settings -> Protection History. And why is that? Why can't I see all of the quarantined files?It goes like this.I am deploying my dll. Shortly after it disappears, and a message

:)

Przemy, Apr 23, 2021

2. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Why quarantined files as logged in Event Monitor are not listed in Windows Defender's...

windows defender quarantine

Julia,

GreginMich
    replied

Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Nothing has changed. We still have erroneous status reports in the Full history page just like we did in the All detected items page in the classic Defender interface. If a threat doesn't appear in the Quarantined threats list on the Scan history page,
    then it wasn't actually quarantined.

So we need to correct the documentation here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/help/antimalware-faq

On Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 version 1703 and later:

• Use the Windows search box to find and open the Windows Defender Security Center
    • Navigate to the Virus & threat protection > Scan history.
    • Under Quarantined threats, select
      See full history

On earlier versions of Windows:

• Open Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender.
    • Click the History tab.
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    Once you have reviewed the quarantined items you can:

• Select Remove all to delete all quarantined software.
    • Select individual files, and then click Remove or
      Restore

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Why quarantined files as logged in Event Monitor are not listed in Windows Defender's...

1. Why quarantined files as logged in Event Monitor are not listed in Windows Defender's... - Similar Threads - Why quarantined files

2. Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender: How to remove a file from quarantine?: I'm an audio producer and Microsoft Defender suddenly thinks that a file in my audio samples library is Trojan:Script/Oneeva.A!ml. Defender automatically quarantines the threat, but unfortunately this cripples the audio software that relies upon these sample files. I think...
  3. where is the quarantined defender files put?

where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  4. Definitely Safe and trusted file quarantined by Windows Defender

Definitely Safe and trusted file quarantined by Windows Defender: Hello! I have an HP laptop with an Intel Pentium Gold 4415U processor and 4 GB RAM. I got the default Windows 10 Home version that came with a laptop installed in it. I hate recently upgraded Windows to version 2004, and after that, I created a simple python coded game for...
  5. windows defender - event log description

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender - event log description: Hi , I have a concern regarding the windows event viewer Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational. How to fetch the current signature version alone for the defender event id 2000 . I have written a code below LPWSTR pwsPath = L"Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  6. Windows defender event log

Windows defender event log: , I would like an expert to be able to explain to me what the event log is saying. The thing I am wondering is why the windows defender gave me an option to either allow or remove Trojan win32 wacatac G ml. If the windows defender noticed it why didn't It remove the...
  7. Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender

Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender: I am new to windows 10. I have windows defender. It shows threats were quarantined. I need to know where to go from there. When I click on threat quarantined it asks do you allow changes to this device. [Original Title: windows defender]...
  8. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  9. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender: I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in...
  10. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender: Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what...