Windows 10: Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore

Discus and support Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Firstly I tried "Reset This PC" feature but this didn't help at all. Secondly I reinstalled Windows 10 directly by using the setup.exe of Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Erez, May 15, 2021.

1. Erez Win User

Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore

Firstly I tried "Reset This PC" feature but this didn't help at all. Secondly I reinstalled Windows 10 directly by using the setup.exe of Windows 10.iso that was downloaded by MediaCreationTool20H2.exe but this also didn't help at all. Thirdly I reinstalled Windows 10 indirectly by first installing Windows 8.1 and then back Windows 10 but surprisingly this also didn't help at all. Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore? What keeps it disabled, greyed out and prevents me from enabling and turning it ON? Do I need to buy a new PC with Windows 10 to have it enabled?

:)

2. JhakeSong Win User

real-time protection

Hi Zmnakohama,

This is Will C an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to assist you with this. I understand that you are trying to disable realtime protection from Windows Defender.

Try these steps to disable the Real Time Protection feature of Windows Defender.

First, in newer version of windows there is a feature called Tamper Protection, this has to be turned off first, otherwise real time protection will just come back on sometime.

To turn Tamper Protection OFF:

1) Go to Windows Security ( just type Windows Security in the search box)

2) Under Virus & threat protection, look for Virus & threat protection settings then go to Manage settings

3) Switch Tamper Protection to Off

To disable real-time protection:

1) Open Local Group Policy Editor (search gpedit by typing it in the search box)

2) Go to Computer Configuration then Administrative Templates

3) Under Windows Components, go to Microsoft Defender Antivirus then Real-time Protection

4) Enable Turn off real-time protection

5) Finally, Reboot

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, May 15, 2021
  3. adonis08 Win User
    Windows Defender Real Time Protection

I did all the step and delete the MsMpEng.exe but still it doesn't turn on Real Time Protection any suggestion please??

adonis08, May 15, 2021
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore - Similar Threads - Why Real Protection

2. Why can't I disable real time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  3. Why can't I disable real time protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  4. Real-time protection disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Real-time protection disabled: Split from this thread. I was used a nice window 10 defender. but right now it disabled the real time protection as below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/f0398bc1-7190-4a49-8e38-39842af00a91
  5. Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore

Why Real Time Protection is disabled and I can't enable it anymore: Firstly I tried "Reset This PC" feature but this didn't help at all.Secondly I reinstalled Windows 10 directly by using the setup.exe of Windows 10.iso that was downloaded by MediaCreationTool20H2.exe but this also didn't help at all.Thirdly I reinstalled Windows 10...
  6. Can't enable real time protection in windows defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable real time protection in windows defender: I can't enable real time protection. It says that only admins can change but I'm the owner so how come? I followed some regedit tutorials too but the problem doesn't seem to be fixed. The main windows security page is also blank. please help I don't have any other av....
  7. can't enable real time protection

can't enable real time protection: can't find windows defender can;t update the windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-enable-real-time-protection/af543c31-ee5a-4d6e-a940-92bc3dedcd98
  8. Real Time protection disabled

Real Time protection disabled: Real Time protection disabled and cannot be enable from Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/real-time-protection-disabled/4f7aa9c1-eb51-492b-8531-a008a84d523a
  9. Why Real-time protection is disabled?

Why Real-time protection is disabled?: Although I enabled Real-time protection in Update & Security setting, Windows Defender shows that Real-time protection is disabled. How can I enable real-time protection?...
  10. Disable real-time protection.

Disable real-time protection.: I've only had Windows 10 for a few days and it's already annoyed me more than XP and Vista ever have combined. Right now my problem is the damn thing keeps enabling real-time protection for no apparent reason. I'm confused, was this software developed by primates by any...