Windows 10: Why Resetting is getting failed ?

Discus and support Why Resetting is getting failed ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Reset was going on up to almost 50% but then suddenly i saw an error saying that it could not reset the PC. I need to sell this box and I dont want any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanScottGY, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Why Resetting is getting failed ?

Reset was going on up to almost 50% but then suddenly i saw an error saying that it could not reset the PC. I need to sell this box and I dont want any personal item to be on my PC. Any way i can achieve that?

:)

EvanScottGY, Aug 10, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 10, 2020
  4. tfwul Win User

Why Resetting is getting failed ?

OneDrive not running - reset won't work - how to get latest version?

Thanks for the suggestion.
    The reason why I wanted to do a reset or re-install is to indeed get OneDrive in that list. Currently it isn't.

tfwul, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Why Resetting is getting failed ?

1. Why Resetting is getting failed ? - Similar Threads - Why Resetting getting

2. Failed reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed reset: I reset my laptop so I can give it to my son for his new music program and windows won't reinstall. This is Screen that I am getting and it will not install and is just going in circles. I've tried USB install as well and its not successful. Please help....
  3. Failed reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed reset: I reset my laptop so I can give it to my son for his new music program and windows won't reinstall. This is Screen that I am getting and it will not install and is just going in circles. I've tried USB install as well and its not successful. Please help....
  4. Failed reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. failed to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to reset: As of the title says im trying to reset PC and it keeps on looping into the desktop. It never reset or anything. I uninstall all possible blocker for this reset since I want it fresh on this PC but it aint working. I need advise on this one, how can I reset PC successfully?...
  6. failed to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failed to reset: As of the title says im trying to reset PC and it keeps on looping into the desktop. It never reset or anything. I uninstall all possible blocker for this reset since I want it fresh on this PC but it aint working. I need advise on this one, how can I reset PC successfully?...
  7. failed to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Failed Reset

Failed Reset: I am trying to reset my Windows 10 Home desktop to no avail and keep getting "There was a problem resetting your PC No changes were made." when clicking and attempting to start the reset. I have tried numerous solutions including disabling/reenabling the "reagentc" command in...
  9. Fails to reset.

Fails to reset.: I am using windows 10 2004 build 20194....I am facing an issue while resetting windows.....I shows the pop up message failed to reset …..plz notify me that how I can resolve this issue...
  10. Reset failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset failed: So a few days ago I reset my laptop and suddenly it crashed and didn’t reset like it should of. After fixing the repeated HP screen then shutting off, I logged into my account and my desktop is just a blank screen. Ive tried restarting my computer and other things. I keep...