Windows 10: Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...

Discus and support Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is on MAIL and not outlook. As I and my husband use this laptop, we together have accumulated nearly 10 mail ids over a period of 15 yesrs from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kalakad Mani, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...

This is on MAIL and not outlook.

As I and my husband use this laptop, we together have accumulated nearly 10 mail ids over a period of 15 yesrs from YOU/YAHOO/GMAIL. Each mail id is different with its own password.

Yesterday I totally reinstalled windows10, assuming there will be many improvemnts. YES THERE ARE.

May be during the computer set up time in the beginning yesterday (not email set up time) I made a mistake or what, I am not sure.

But FROM ALL OUTGOING MAILS, WHETHER IT IS FROM ME OR MY HUSBAND,

MY NAME AS IT APPEARS DURING LOG IN TO COMPUTER TIME, IS GETTING USED AS THE SENDER

THOUGH THE CORRECT sender E MAIL ID IS SHOWN.

IMAGINE IF YOU ARE A CONTACT OF MY HUSBAND, AND YOU RECEIVE A MAIL FROM HIM, DISPLAYING MY NAME (UNKNOWN TO YOU) AS THE SENDER BUT WITH MY HUSBAND'S MAIL ID, does it sound correct?

Yes I might have unknowingly said YES during some related question during initial set up time of windows 10 yesterday, but how do I change it so that correct sender's name gets displayed in the receiver's PC?

Thank you for the help for which I am waiting.

:)

Kalakad Mani, Jul 29, 2019

2. Outgoing mails not displaying sender's name on the Windows 10 Mail app

I am using my Gmail account to set up the Mail app in Windows 10.

However, it seems that it won't show my name as the sender's name in all my outgoing mails. Instead, my email address is displayed.

I've gone through the settings and there is an option to enter my desired name when sending out mails but it doesn't change a thing and my email address is still displayed on my outgoing mails instead of the name I entered.

Is there any other settings that I need to configure so that my name will appear correctly?

Jeffrey Yeo, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Outgoing mails not displaying sender's name on the Windows 10 Mail app

Oh my... u totally have no idea what I'm talking about....

The issue here us not about the wrong name in my contact. It is about my name not appearing as the Sender but my email address is being displayed instead when I'm sending out mails.

Welll.... thanks for the suggestion anyways. Maybe someone from the msdn can help.

Jeffrey Yeo, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...

Senders name in w 10 Mail app.

I'd ask Charter if they're not putting the correct Sender name on your outgoing mail.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though...

1. Why sender's name as it appears in all outgoing mails using mail APP appear the same though... - Similar Threads - Why sender's name

2. No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!: [ATTACH] i tried to use this email for Commission. i never use my real name when registering, but somehow the app managed to find my real name and use it when i send email from this app. (it didn't happen when i send from gmail in browser.) every troubleshooting suggests...
  3. No option to change sender name in Mail app

No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  4. Folders not appearing in Mail App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders not appearing in Mail App?: Hi, I just recently added a bunch of new rules as well as folders and sub-folders to help manage my mails better in the web based outlook. But for some reason under the Mail app it does not show any changes, just the inbox,outbox etc. I tried syncing it as well as restarting...
  5. Sent Mail not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sent Mail not appearing: I am using Windows 10 Mail for all my mail accounts, most of which are Gmail. I am sending an email from Windows 10 Mail, which is being received by the recipient, as I am getting replies, but they are not showing up in the Sent folder. They used to show up and then...
  6. Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.: I am using Windows 10 mail app with all my gmail accounts, to keep them in one place. It works great but the one thing I don't like is it uses my name as the sender along with the email address. I want to be able to specify what name it shows for each account. I also saw...
  7. Mail desktop app and account sender name

Mail desktop app and account sender name: Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to send out professional emails and it looks bad that I have that as my alias. I'd appreciate any help! submitted by /u/krnrice27...
  8. Not all my contacts appear in Mail !!

in Browsers and Email
    Not all my contacts appear in Mail !!: After i add my iCloud Account , not all my contacts appear in Mail!! Any help please?? I've just solved it ,.. by install iCloud App not just add iCloud Account inside Mail, and wait for few minutes and Vola its their. 27430
  9. Attachments don't appear in the Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments don't appear in the Mail app: If I try to open an email with an attached image, it just shows up blank. If I open it in another mail program, the image shows up fine. 16266
  10. Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

in Browsers and Email
    Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??: With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still working fine. What annoys me is. Is that I cannot whatsoever change my sender name via Mail app, when sending emails. It basically...