Windows 10: Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????

Discus and support Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU???? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It's hanging my laptop, once its started it takes more time release the CPU usage. Is there any fix for this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Appupraveen, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????

It's hanging my laptop, once its started it takes more time release the CPU usage.

Is there any fix for this problem.

:)

Appupraveen, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Rakhul Win User

High CPU Usage by Service Host

After windows update, two processes, Service Host: Local network and Service Host: Internet Connection Sharing, triggers high CPU usage which sometimes jumps to 50 or more percent. Any solution for this?

Rakhul, Sep 23, 2018
  3. service host DCOM server process laucher high CPU usage

I had the exact same problem... and I got a solution!

For me, it was actually McAfee Security Centre's Firewall Core that was the issue. It was continuously updating. This was what was pushing the Service Host DCOM to use so much CPU.

Got on with the McAfee people, and a simple uninstall and reinstall solved the problem. Hope this helps someone out, as I tried other solutions to no avail and was losing hope thinking a full Windows reinstall was my only option.

RaDiOaCtIvETrOlLdOlL, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Captmatt Win User

Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????

"Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

Hello,
    Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my desk top for minutes at just the wrong time. Can I, or better yet, should I turn this off? New to forum, hope this appropriate place for question.
    Thanks

Captmatt, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????

1. Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU???? - Similar Threads - Why service host

2. WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more: I've recently started running into a problem where the WMI Provider Host, which should normally be around 2% or lower when not active, under 1%, starts spiking drastically causing performance problems and sometimes stability issues. It doesn't always get to 50% or higher -...
  3. WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more: I've recently started running into a problem where the WMI Provider Host, which should normally be around 2% or lower when not active, under 1%, starts spiking drastically causing performance problems and sometimes stability issues. It doesn't always get to 50% or higher -...
  4. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  5. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  6. Windows won't use more than 50% ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't use more than 50% ram: I installed more ram onto my laptop, 2666mhz DDR4 ram and it reads at 16gbs available on the task manager, but even when running multiple tasks, it never uses more than 50% of the available ram. Windows memory diagnostic tool didn't give me an error so I have no idea how to...
  7. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time: [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%. I looked...
  8. Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE: My poor i3 already struggles, but when a windows program legit makes it 100% at idle, its nearly unusable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-hell-should-wmi-provider-host-use-up-more/af7615f8-7abe-47dc-978f-cf3faf4af7b3
  9. "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service" using almost 50% of CPU: Hello, Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service using almost 50% of CPU according to task manager. Wouldn't really care if it didn't seem to lock up my desk top for minutes at just the wrong time. Can I, or better yet, should I turn this off? New to forum, hope this...
  10. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher: So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is dcom taking up all my cpu utilization

2. dcom process hight

3. windows service host local system runs cpu at 50%

4. service host dcom,
  5. DCOM Server Process launcher high CPU,
  6. Why is the service host: Network service using up a lot of my CPU,
  7. service host more than 50% memory ,
  8. dcomlauncher cpu,
  9. service host dcom using,
  10. why is dcom server procees using 80% cpu