Windows 10: Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...

Discus and support Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is starting up? How to solve this? This happens every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dpqbg, Jan 18, 2019.

1. dpqbg Win User

Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...

Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is starting up? How to solve this?

This happens every time I turn on my computer or after a restart.

Note that:

Windows 10 pro (64-bit) is up to date.

No issues with hardware.

Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz - 16 GB DDR3 - 1TB HDD

:)

dpqbg, Jan 18, 2019

2. Window 10 Service Host Superfetch

I thought I had disabled superfetch in the past but after the last windows 10 update, it is appearing again as service host superfetch. When I disabled it thought it was just superfetch (w/o service host). When I click on properties, it is just showing
    svchost.exe. This is scary as it doesn't even show superfetch. Does superfetch run even when it was disabled previously?

Mick Kassem, Jan 18, 2019
  3. service host superfetch is causing problems

Service host superfetch is using using a lot of memory and slowing down my computer since I installed the latest Windows10 upgrade-how can I fix this issue.

MichaelRuxton, Jan 18, 2019
  4. windows41 Win User

Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is...

Service host: local system continuous 100% disk usage

There are many ways to fix this issue, One of most working here is -

Fix via Disable Superfetch Service

• Just press windows + R.
    • Now type services.msc” command.
    • now find “Superfetch”.
    • Edit Superfetch clicking on property.
    • Now “Stop” for stopping the service superfetch service.
    • Superfetch to be Disabled
    • and apply

You can try manually with more ways.

https://www.howtoseeks.org/service-host-local-system-high-disk/

Thanks

windows41, Jan 18, 2019
  5. Troy Minor New Member
    Microsoft renamed Superfetch to SysMain with the October update.

Troy Minor, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Why Service Host: Superfetch is consuming a lot of Disk resources every time windows is... - Similar Threads - Why Service Host

2. Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update consuming lots of resources,and not able to do updates as well: I have windows 10 running on a dell latitude 5490. everytime I wake laptop from sleep windows update is consuming a lot of resources(pfa screen grab).[ATTACH] when I go to check for updates , there is no update history, last check date is November 2018 and if I try to...
  3. System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System consumes a lot of data on windows 10pro: I just bought a new laptop and upgraded it to windows 10pro. But the data it consumes is a lot in such a small amount of time. I stopped all the background apps and even set my network as metered but the consumption won't stop. In data usage, it shows that the most data is...
  4. ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICloudPhoto.exe consuming a lot of data: Hello, I have found threads about iclouphoto.exe consuming a lot of data because it is syncing to a server (in my case 120GB in a day)but I haven't found a permanent solution to the problem. Can anyone help? Thanks...
  5. no superfetch service at 1809???

in Windows 10 Support
    no superfetch service at 1809???: was looking to disable superfetch but i cant find it in services. any clues? 118718
  6. Window 10 Service Host Superfetch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Service Host Superfetch: I thought I had disabled superfetch in the past but after the last windows 10 update, it is appearing again as service host superfetch. When I disabled it thought it was just superfetch (w/o service host). When I click on properties, it is just showing svchost.exe. This...
  7. Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU

Service Host "Windows Time" hogging CPU: Today I had a system that has been observed running the Windows Time service host at 56% CPU. I couldn't find a lot of literature on the topic and I couldn't resolve. I took a break and the service was back to 0. Someone else is also having the issue. What can cause this and...
  8. Superfetch missing in services

Superfetch missing in services: I have deleted the files under readyboost in prefetch. Still not superfetch to be found. No prefetch in the services. Used BATCMD to restart fltmgr - also not in services. Also reset superfetch from Batcmd. Please help! Thanks!...
  9. Question about Superfetch Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Superfetch Service: Hi. My Desktop is an HP Windows 10 Home with Intel i5 7th gen processor and 12GB Ram. A while back I found that Superfetch caused 100% Disk usage which slowed down the computer to a crawl. After doing some research on this issue I decided to Disable the service. Today I did...
  10. Host Process keeps stopping every time

in Windows 10 Support
    Host Process keeps stopping every time: Hi guys... So recently I have come up against such an annoying problem that keeps me from completing my work. In particular, each time while I am doing stuffs on my PC, a dialog appears, and it says that "Host Process for Windows Services has stopped working". And when I...