Windows 10: Why SetupDiSetDeviceProperty return ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ?

Discus and support Why SetupDiSetDeviceProperty return ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My application using SetupAPI to perform some works . But I found call SetupDiSetDeviceProperty failed on Win8/Win10 , return error is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wenxibo, Apr 11, 2019.

1. wenxibo Win User

Why SetupDiSetDeviceProperty return ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ?

My application using SetupAPI to perform some works .

But I found call SetupDiSetDeviceProperty failed on Win8/Win10 , return error is ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED .

My application had elevated as administrator context , and worked well on Win7 .

What is the possible method to solve this problem ?

:)

wenxibo, Apr 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I have made my decision and I am returning the Dell. After my money is refunded, I will have to do research and will have a choice on what to find that fits into my budget but better than the Dell. I hate returning things like this. It is so frustrating. I know a lot of you have recommended brands, models, and told me where to purchase a computer from, but if some of you could re-list some suggestions that would be very much appreciated. I need all of the help I can get with this.

Jesse Williams, Apr 11, 2019
  4. TLB
    TLB Win User

New to ATI

Yeah they must have listed them wrong , I deal with them a lot so there should be no problem THANKS very much for the help. If I do have to return this do you have a suggestion for a replacement of this card?

Thema:

1. Why SetupDiSetDeviceProperty return ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED ? - Similar Threads - Why SetupDiSetDeviceProperty return

2. Return

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return: I bought keyboard last year and have been using it for sometimes. I just realize that some of the keypad is wrong not match to the actual symbol for example in keypad 6, the top symbol should be ^ but instead its written ?Its been 6 months so I'm not sure if I can still...
  3. Return

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return: I bought keyboard last year and have been using it for sometimes. I just realize that some of the keypad is wrong not match to the actual symbol for example in keypad 6, the top symbol should be ^ but instead its written ?Its been 6 months so I'm not sure if I can still...
  4. Return

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Return

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Return: Hi i need help returning my minecraft starter collection because i accidentally bought it and when i try to refund it the button does not pop up and does not let me refund the game is there anything that I can do to refund the game...
  6. Returns

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Returns: I purchased minecraft for windows 10 yesterday using my grandfathers microsoft account. I realized that I had gotten the wrong version I needed Java edition, sense then I purchased the Java edition, is there any way I can return the original version the one for windows 10?...
  7. Return

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return: How do I return a game I accidentally bought? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return/8475b070-ad91-4c0d-aed7-4bea24e38872
  8. Return

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Return: Hi everyone. In November I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 14 5000 2in1. It does not have amazing features but I did not expect it to break so quickly. I barely have any programs and one game and the laptop restarts so often just when I open a Youtube card for instance. It is...
  9. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...
  10. Why does "search for updates" never return?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does "search for updates" never return?: I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit build 1709 on one of my laptops. I know it's overdue for an update so I tried to deal with that today; I went into Settings/Update and Recovery and then searched for updates. Unfortunately, it never comes back; after 15 minutes and more, it...