Windows 10: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine.

Discus and support Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. This is windows 10 on Dell 5400 laptop. Using caps lock to type upper case C.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechyLo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. TechyLo Win User

Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine.

Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. This is windows 10 on Dell 5400 laptop. Using caps lock to type upper case C. would like to use Shift key to type the upper case C

:)

TechyLo, Feb 10, 2020
  2. xianate Win User

Shift+4 key combination not working

The shift key works fine and so does the 4 key however when I try to use the Shift+4 key combination nothing happens. I have tested multiple keyboards and even the On-Screen keyboard and have had no success in getting the key combination to work.

the key combination stooped working a couple days before the official release of windows 10 whilst I was still on the technical preview. I had expected it to be fixed when the update came for the official version of windows 10 however it is still broken.

any help would be greatly appreciated

xianate, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

un1corn Guest, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine.

Shift+4 key combination not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Do the other combination with shift key are working?
    • Did you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to update your keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Click on Keyboards.
    • Right-click on the Keyboards and click on
      Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine.

1. Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. - Similar Threads - Why Shift does

2. Shift key and other keys not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key and other keys not working.: Hello,I have been having an issue with my laptop An HP Envy x360 convertible where the shift key, the E key, and a couple other keys haven't been working. The shift key inserts the letter C when I press it. The E key if i have a video playing pauses the video, the other...
  3. Shift key and other keys not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key and other keys not working.: Hello,I have been having an issue with my laptop An HP Envy x360 convertible where the shift key, the E key, and a couple other keys haven't been working. The shift key inserts the letter C when I press it. The E key if i have a video playing pauses the video, the other...
  4. why are my shift keys are not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are my shift keys are not working at all: i have had to reinstall my operating system on my computer for a fresh install, when i started the setup process it asked for my email and that is when i discovered that my shift keys were not working, the 'at' sign would not appear, i then used the on screen keyboard to...
  5. why are my shift keys are not working at all

why are my shift keys are not working at all: i have had to reinstall my operating system on my computer for a fresh install, when i started the setup process it asked for my email and that is when i discovered that my shift keys were not working, the 'at' sign would not appear, i then used the on screen keyboard to...
  6. why are my shift keys are not working at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Shift+c key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+c key not working: Hi Team,My only left side shift+c key not working , if i type shift +c from right side it is working fine. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shiftc-key-not-working/d50996be-b649-4cff-92a6-c5661d82bfa1
  8. Shift+c key not working

Shift+c key not working: Hi Team,My only left side shift+c key not working , if i type shift +c from right side it is working fine. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shiftc-key-not-working/d50996be-b649-4cff-92a6-c5661d82bfa1
  9. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  10. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...