Windows 10: Why should anyone to have anything to with Microsoft if when produce locks up your device...

Discus and support Why should anyone to have anything to with Microsoft if when produce locks up your device... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Now, Microsoft if you bock this then you just prove me to that the only thing you want is money. So to the good employees keep your fingers off the but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricRojas2, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Why should anyone to have anything to with Microsoft if when produce locks up your device...

Now, Microsoft if you bock this then you just prove me to that the only thing you want is money. So to the good employees keep your fingers off the but and that goes for all auto apps. I, leave it at that.

:)

EricRojas2, Jan 17, 2019
  2. OGezer Win User

The Lock option on the Find My Device tab of my Devices on my Microsoft Account

My laptop has been stolen through a broken car window. I have headed to my Microsoft Account and to my Devices (https://account.microsoft.com/devices) and then Find My Device
    tab for my stolen laptop. The last location is from May 2018, so I think I turned the location tracking services off at some point. There is, however, also a
    Lock button there. When clicked, it displays the following message:

Log out any active users and disable local users. Administrators with permissions will still have access, but unauthorized access will be blocked.
    Your device will be locked and location tracking services will be enabled.

Sounds just perfect. When clicked next, it asks for a 160-character message for returning instructions to be displayed on the device's screen, for a good-soul to hand it back, as a final step. It then tries to reach and lock the device, and then fails, but
    very softly. It says that it couldn't lock it right now, but also that they'll inform me via my e-mail once it's locked successfully, implying that Microsoft will lock it as soon as possible:

We can't lock your device right now.

We'll let you know when we successfully lock it.

My question is, when exactly will Microsoft be able to lock my device, and what are the limitations?

1. Will it be somehow magically locked-down as soon as the computer is turned on?
    2. Will it be locked down only if they connect it to the internet, possibly from the lock-screen?
    3. Will it be locked down only if they manage to log-in my account?
    4. Will it be both 3 and THEN 2?

Additionally:

• Will it be possible if they somehow format the laptop from a bootable USB recovery disk, because perhaps Microsoft has some kind of identifiers for the device that persist even after a format, like the motherboard serial, MAC address, etc.?

OGezer, Jan 17, 2019
  3. raheelbs Win User
    Microsoft to Acquire Nokia's Devices & Services Business

The Chief Executive of Nokia Stephen Elop will step aside and return to Microsoft, his position at Microsoft is not yet disclosed but it is being rumored that Mr. Elop will be signed as the CEO for Microsoft once Ballmer hands in his resignation in the coming year.

As demands grow weak for Nokia’s mobile devices the company is faced with cash-flow problems. It has lost a majority of its market share to Apple and Samsung.
    "It's a bold step into the future - a win-win for employees, shareholders and consumers of both companies," Microsoft's outgoing CEO, Steve Ballmer, said in a statement.

Source: Microsoft to Acquire Nokia for $7.2 Billion

raheelbs, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Why should anyone to have anything to with Microsoft if when produce locks up your device...

Lock screen issue

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>>Personalization>>Lock Screen.

• In the right panel, select Picture instead of Windows Spotlight.
    Please feel free to post your queries in Microsoft Community. We will be glad to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Why should anyone to have anything to with Microsoft if when produce locks up your device...

1. Why should anyone to have anything to with Microsoft if when produce locks up your device... - Similar Threads - Why should anyone

2. should Microsoft have the power they have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should Microsoft have the power they have: Does MS have too much power? We do not know these people they are complete strangers who have access to everything you own. Would you give all your bank details passcodes, photos, names of family/friends, or tell your political views, religion, anything private to you etc to...
  3. should Microsoft have the power they have

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should Microsoft have the power they have: Does MS have too much power? We do not know these people they are complete strangers who have access to everything you own. Would you give all your bank details passcodes, photos, names of family/friends, or tell your political views, religion, anything private to you etc to...
  4. Why should I do anything? Microsoft Account Problem Message is rubbish, I only have a PC....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why should I do anything? Microsoft Account Problem Message is rubbish, I only have a PC....: Fix it.Or I go Apple Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-should-i-do-anything-microsoft-account-problem/b6463c4f-ac07-4444-b8bd-b05f4c2cb4fb
  5. Why should I do anything? Microsoft Account Problem Message is rubbish, I only have a PC....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why should I do anything? Microsoft Account Problem Message is rubbish, I only have a PC....: Fix it.Or I go Apple Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-should-i-do-anything-microsoft-account-problem/b6463c4f-ac07-4444-b8bd-b05f4c2cb4fb
  6. Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do my bluetooth headphone show up as a other device when they should be an audio device?: Hey,I'm trying to connect my Sony WH-XB900Ns and the device pops up in my settings as an other device instead of an audio device so I cant pick it as my audio device, is there a way to change the to a audio device?Thanks,Matthew...
  7. When will Microsoft produce an operating system?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When will Microsoft produce an operating system?: Windows 10 isn't an operating system. Operating systems should control all of the resources of the computer. Why would it allow a file to be created that can't be deleted? Because it isn't an operating system. Never will be....
  8. Anyone else having a update for "Your Phone" constantly in The Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else having a update for "Your Phone" constantly in The Microsoft Store?: As in whenever I check for updates. There is a update for it finishes, then when checking for any more it updates again. I already sfc/ scannow and DISM which show nothing wrong. Already reset the app .. Wondering if anyone else is dealing with this. submitted by...
  9. Dynamic Lock is locking when it should not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock is locking when it should not: Hello, "dynamic lock" is configured with paired Galaxy A8. Sometimes the screen locks while I am reading a document and the phone is just standing beside the computer. Bluetooth is ON on both devices, phone appears as "paired" in Windows, and dynamic lock appears as...
  10. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why You Should Overclock Your RAM: Why You Should Overclock Your RAM (It’s Easy!) I did not know that you could do this. Does anyone here routinely do this with their hardware? 140619