Windows 10: why should I create an ISO for windows 10?

Discus and support why should I create an ISO for windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pc came with windows 7...had that for 4 years and upgraded to win 10...do u guys forsee any reason to keep a copy of win 10? 37239 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vejichan, Jan 12, 2016.

1. vejichan Win User

why should I create an ISO for windows 10?

My pc came with windows 7...had that for 4 years and upgraded to win 10...do u guys forsee any reason to keep a copy of win 10?

:)

vejichan, Jan 12, 2016

2. If I create an install ISO for Windows 10 with the media creation tool, and i factory reset my computer back to windows 8.1, can i still install windows 10 again AFTER the free offer expires?

You have to actually perform the upgrade before July 29th 2016 then ensure it is activated. Downloading the install media is not enough.

Windows
    10 Free Upgrade On Schedule to End July 29TH 2016 - What are your options?

Andre Da Costa, Jan 12, 2016
  3. If I create an install ISO for Windows 10 with the media creation tool, and i factory reset my computer back to windows 8.1, can i still install windows 10 again AFTER the free offer expires?

Hello Halo,

We realize your concern in this regard.

Microsoft made Windows 10 available as a free upgrade for compatible devices that are running genuine Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or
    Windows 8.1 Update. The free upgrade is a full version of Windows (not a trial or introductory version) and is available until July 29, 2016. Once you upgrade, you’ll have
    Windows 10 for free on that device.

Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to
    your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation.

In view of the same, you device should avail free upgrade offer before that time frame and should be activated. So, later you can do a Clean install in future
    (I.e. After July 2019) without use of product key.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 12, 2016
  4. vejichan Win User

Other than if my pc breaks...than I'll buy a new pc with win 10

vejichan, Jan 12, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    In case something goes 'sour' and you need to perform a clean installation.

Edwin, Jan 12, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Alternatively you could save an image.

7. bro67 Win User
    I keep a DVD copy, in case I have issues with the cloned image for the hard drive on one of my machines that is used for testing.

bro67, Jan 12, 2016
  8. why should I create an ISO for windows 10?

I always keep a DVD copy in a DVD case on my shelf. This way, I know I can always get my hands on the OS right away, if needed.

DeaconFrost, Jan 12, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Depends upon how the copy is being kept. If on an HDD/Hard Disk Drive, a catastrophic failure of the drive can cause total loss of the data. I also prefer burning to a DVD against that possibility. The disc can also be handy when working with other computers. I buy the discs in 100-piece 'cakeboxes', under 30 cents each, cheaper than the old floppy disks.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. why should I create an ISO for windows 10? - Similar Threads - why should create

2. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  3. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  4. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. creating iso to install windows

creating iso to install windows: I am trying to create a Windows ISO file. I am using the windows media creation tool. I have a 500 GB SD card in order to download it onto. I have 25 GB free on my C: drive. I have directed the download to the SD card. After it downloads the OS and verifies it, it begins...
  6. Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso

Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso: Hello, I'm a computer repairer, I am trying to convince more people to upgrade to Windows 10. So I'm trying to make a bootable Windows 10 iso for x86 based systems, I have an iso file I downloaded from microsoft that contains both x86 and x64 the iso file size is 6.75 GB...
  7. create a windows 10 iso for reinstalling?

create a windows 10 iso for reinstalling?: Notebook came with windows 8.1 and a hardware windows key. The notebook came with no dvd iso for reinstalling. Utilizing media creation tool I have updated to windows 10. On windows 8.1 I made a dvd iso. But it did not work because the hardware key could not activate windows...
  8. Creating a USB with Windows ISO

Creating a USB with Windows ISO: Need help creating a USB with Win 10 ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-usb-with-windows-iso/e15bd990-5861-4033-9416-05baf524176e
  9. Which ISO should I be using to reinstall Windows 10?

Which ISO should I be using to reinstall Windows 10?: I previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on a PC and was told I could therefore skip the steps which ask for a product key during the installation process and was directed to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... to download the Media...
  10. Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?

Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?: Hi, I tried to download Windows 10 ISO file through this site. However, I was able to access it through UC Browser only and it is redirecting me to download Media Creation Tool in PC. I was able to get download link through UC Browser but there, I found two options of...