Windows 10: Why so many media servers

Discus and support Why so many media servers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every so often I get this display that seems to repeat each media server multiple times. How do I fix this display to keep things simple? If it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by x509, Jun 23, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Why so many media servers

Every so often I get this display that seems to repeat each media server multiple times. How do I fix this display to keep things simple?

If it matters, I have a Netgear Nighthawk wireless router.

Why so many media servers [​IMG]

:)

2. Media/File Server on the cheap

Hey guys,

My PC is currently filling up and i have 4 HDDs.

I use my PC as a media server as well as a gaming rig.

What I want/need to do is build an external enclosure/rig that is cheap money wise and effective as a file/media server that is DNLA compliant. It would be nice to be able to run my Usenet through it and control it via web interface and remote connect. I would use Linux if a step by step guide is available for setting up the DNLA server and such as well.

This is my first foray into this field of PCs. Help please! ^_^

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jun 23, 2020
  3. media servers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. Have you tried to manually disconnect the Media Servers from Windows Explorer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

We can try a few steps to manually disconnect the media servers from the list:

1. Press ‘Windows key + E’ on the keyboard to open ‘Windows Explorer.
    2. On the left hand side, click on ‘This PC’ to highlight.
    3. Select the ‘Media Server’.
    4. On top of the screen, on the ribbon, click on "Computer" tab.
    5. Click on ‘Access Media’ and then select the option ‘Disconnect from a media server’.

Further, request you to
    include a screenshot
    of that problem screen in your reply to guide you further.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Why so many media servers

Media/File Server on the cheap

Since I am not able to help too much with this(except I have to say I do like the case you have chosen), I leave you this video for inspiration[yt]TtWfTrY-Wug[/yt]
    ​bump ....to get this server going!

dank1983man420, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Why so many media servers

1. Why so many media servers - Similar Threads - Why many media

2. Why are so many copies of Edge running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are so many copies of Edge running?: Clean boot. Open and closed Edge:What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-copies-of-edge-running/554a4736-ad02-468e-b194-da55e09fc6cd
  3. Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why so many Security Intelligence updates?: I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates? I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602 every 2 hours or so, all of which are successfully updating and everything. This includes the most up to date version too. I find...
  4. why so many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why so many things wrong: why is it things in the program list open but disappear without me being able to use them such as camera, calculator, feedback hub and others and why is it windows 10 freezes up after about 20 minutes and has to be restarted only to have webpages not load completely and why...
  5. why so many sign ins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why so many sign ins: Microsoft was so many sign ins,accounts,windows 10 passwords,security sign ins, my passwords are 123456 and still i get lock out why bother to make all this accounts with log in .passwords bing store,explorer,hello microsoft,security all making me dizzy and...
  6. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d
  7. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...: So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed? I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file...
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...