Windows 10: Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

Discus and support Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColinKinsella, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question.

Dozens of Searches

Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed?

I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file name.

This did fix - but only for 1 day.

Temporary Solution

Is it not time that Microsoft fixed this basic function?

:)

ColinKinsella, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

3. Xylee Del Win User
    windows explorer

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to a software conflict. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to refresh the Windows Explorer to correct this issue:

• While your Windows Explorer is open, right click on the Windows icon
      and select Task Manager.
    • On the task Manager window, under the Processes tab, look for
      Windows Explorer.
    • Highlight Windows Explorer and click Restart at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    • The Windows Explorer will close automatically. Close the Task Manager. Open the Windows Explorer and check if the issue is gone.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

Windows Explorer not refreshing

Hey,

Since yesterday I have a problem with my windows, explorer where the explorer will not refresh automatically, meaning when I:

• Delete
    • Create
    • Change the name
    The explorer will not refresh except for hitting F5, or context Menu and then refresh,

Now there is a strange thing where it will work for about a minute after starting the computer, and after it won't work anymore,

Also, the explorer including the desktop will become really slow, to the point where hitting F5 on the desktop will take about 5 seconds to refresh the desktop/Folder, now my pc is not like that, and like described above this is will only start to happen
    after about 1minute after the start.

My suspicion is that there is some windows service, only getting loaded, after start, since I already tried starting the system in diagnose mode, meaning via the system configuration, after that, it worked fine, but after booting into normal mode again the
    issue comes up again.

Now some more context, After dabbling with an app I programmed on a raspberry, I looked myself out of my local Debian raspberry pi, after I changed the ssh-password ( yes, very dumb ). In a desperate attempt to change the ssh password on the Debian sd-card
    I enabled the Linux sub-system for windows and restarted the computer. As far as I remember there was a windows update, that was installed on that restart, and after that, I started having this issue.

I also already tried some things in these threads:

Now, I'd like to get some help on how I can resolve this issue,

Thanks, Patrick.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows
    / Performance & system failures / PC]

FetzenRndy, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

1. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but... - Similar Threads - Why many repeat

2. Why are so many copies of Edge running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are so many copies of Edge running?: Clean boot. Open and closed Edge:What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-copies-of-edge-running/554a4736-ad02-468e-b194-da55e09fc6cd
  3. Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why so many Security Intelligence updates?: I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates? I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602 every 2 hours or so, all of which are successfully updating and everything. This includes the most up to date version too. I find...
  4. Why so many media servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why so many media servers: Every so often I get this display that seems to repeat each media server multiple times. How do I fix this display to keep things simple? If it matters, I have a Netgear Nighthawk wireless router. [img] 159260
  5. why so many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why so many things wrong: why is it things in the program list open but disappear without me being able to use them such as camera, calculator, feedback hub and others and why is it windows 10 freezes up after about 20 minutes and has to be restarted only to have webpages not load completely and why...
  6. why so many sign ins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why so many sign ins: Microsoft was so many sign ins,accounts,windows 10 passwords,security sign ins, my passwords are 123456 and still i get lock out why bother to make all this accounts with log in .passwords bing store,explorer,hello microsoft,security all making me dizzy and...
  7. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...