Windows 10: Why some BIOS have and some didn't have serial no?

Discus and support Why some BIOS have and some didn't have serial no? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! Does somebody know why some BIOS have a serial number and why other dont have? On some system if I run the powershell command Code: Get-WmiObject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EOF, May 4, 2021.

1. EOF
    EOF Win User

Why some BIOS have and some didn't have serial no?

Hi! Does somebody know why some BIOS have a serial number and why other dont have? On some system if I run the powershell command Code: Get-WmiObject win32_bios | Format-List SerialNumber I get a serial number than on other I don't get a serial number or I get "System Serial Number" written. Why is this? How can I know before I buy a pc does it support serial number in BIOS or not? The serial number is very important when we integrate the pc to Azure... Thanks for any help and suggestion.

:)

2. EOF
    EOF Win User

Hi!
    Does somebody know why some BIOS have a serial number and why other dont have?

On some system if I run the powershell command
    Code:
    I get a serial number than on other I don't get a serial number or I get "System Serial Number" written.

Why is this?
    How can I know before I buy a pc does it support serial number in BIOS or not?

The serial number is very important when we integrate the pc to Azure...

Thanks for any help and suggestion.

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 4, 2021
  4. Why some BIOS have and some didn't have serial no?

Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Why some BIOS have and some didn't have serial no? - Similar Threads - Why BIOS didn't

2. why some of apps have missing icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why some of apps have missing icons?: for whatever reason, some of my apps icons are not showing, here is the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-some-of-apps-have-missing-icons/8a8ec24b-4282-46dd-8f33-4906029ff231
  3. shortcuts, some have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts, some have disappeared: Having just bought a new laptop i have been installing my apps and creating a homescreen shortcut for the main ones. However after only a couple of days, some of the shortcuts have disappeared, why would that be....
  4. Some apps are not having audio.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps are not having audio.: A few days ago, my Chrome stopped giving audio then some other apps I use also stopped giving audio. I troubleshot 3 times and I also have an up-to-date driver too. Some other apps I have like Township and Roblox work just fine. Any help?...
  5. I have some questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have some questions: Not a problem with any apps on my pc or my phone but I would like to ask you some questions, some might be off-topic but before I begin, suppose you made QnA video on Facebook or YouTube, remind me when it's time. Okay, let's begin with: 1 How are the projects going ? I...
  6. Been having some trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been having some trouble: [ATTACH] Hello, community. I am having a bit of trouble with trying to connect to my router settings through my Windows 10 laptop. I can access the router settings through my ipad but for some reason it gives me this page error when I try to connect to the 192.168 address...
  7. I'm having some issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm having some issues.: I'm unable to open the download tool for Windows 10. Could there be something keeping me from opening it? It hasn't let me update it since Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-some-issues/ac0fe524-a75c-49fa-a333-efd329d60325
  8. Windows having some problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows having some problems: Hello, I've noticed lately that I've been having some problems with my windows, primarily my windows not updating, and I can also not access the properties of any file whatsoever when right clicking and selecting it, I click it and nothing happens, I know I was having some...
  9. Drivers, Have some, need some

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers, Have some, need some: Am new here. Have Drivers for an HP Deskjet 560c. Would like to leave them somewhere they can be shared. Need drivers for Okidata ML 186 Perfect would be to have those drivers for Windows, as well as for Microsoft Works 2.0 for DOS and Linux. I do understand Drivers for...
  10. Having some problems with cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having some problems with cortana: I have a DELL laptop with windows 10. The problem is that it cannot open any file other than apps or songs on groove app. Even the speech recognition is not good. If there is any way to solve this so please help....