Windows 10: why some files don't work in F or E local disk

Discus and support why some files don't work in F or E local disk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i have been facing this problem for a while, i cant open video or Text file or unzip folder This when i oped the Text file i cant open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mjdesigns99, Nov 9, 2019.

1. why some files don't work in F or E local disk

/u/mjdesigns99, Nov 9, 2019

2. Local Disk (Fwhy some files don't work in F or E local disk :) is "full" with not files on it

window 10 file manager shows a Local Disk (fwhy some files don't work in F or E local disk :) as 33.4 MB free of 449 MG with a red bar. If I right click Properties it confirms the current used space and free space.

If I double-click the drive the file list is blank with "this folder is empty"

Is this a page file or some kind of system file? Can I delete it?

HerbSchmoll, Nov 9, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    local disk f

This looks like the F: drive is the EFI partition having a size of 300MB. Open Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition =====> take a note of the partition # having 300MB. My guess is partition 2
    select partition # =====> replace # with the number in step above
    remove =====> remove the drive letter
    exit

This should remove the drive letter and won't show up in "This PC"

P.S
    do not delete this partition, you won't be able to boot.

topgundcp, Nov 9, 2019
  4. why some files don't work in F or E local disk

Local Disk F

Yesterday I downloaded the new Window 10 update. I then started getting messages that said my local disk f was almost full, I needed to clean. I open Disk F and it shows that it is empty. I do not understand why I am getting this notice, or where local
    Disk f came from, or how to fix it.

AnneHoskins, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

why some files don't work in F or E local disk

1. why some files don't work in F or E local disk - Similar Threads - why files don't

2. Disk 1 Reserved 'E: & F Storage?'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk 1 Reserved 'E: & F Storage?': Disk management shows Disk 1 is split as 'E:' @500 MB & 'F:' @231.86GB & 548MB as Healthy Recover Partition. How do I combine all as one drive 'E:' ?500MB + 231.86GB + 548MB....
  3. local disk c: storage e:

local disk c: storage e:: if my local disk storage c: is full will it switch to storage space e: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c-storage-e/014cfadb-ee88-4ad4-91db-1ca9cf111d59
  4. Local disk E and D dissapeard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local disk E and D dissapeard.: Hello, recently I had to download something from my school classroom it was a word file and when I was choosing the file destination it lagged and all my windows froze so I was not able to turn it off only from the power source. I restarted it and my local disks E and D...
  5. What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the difference between Local Disk (C:) and Local Disk (F:): Is there any way possible for me to switch (C:) to (F:) for downloads. submitted by /u/Thecassandragoth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i91yrh/what_is_the_difference_between_local_disk_c_and/
  6. Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:)

Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:): My Dell Inspiron laptop began displaying the message "Low Disk Space on Local Disk (E:) before it was a year old. When I go to the local E drive, it does not display files for deletion. How do I clean-up the E:drive if there are no folders/files displayed?...
  7. Increase space on local E disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase space on local E disk: Have plenty of space on C drive. Keep getting message the space on E drive is low. How can I increase memory on E drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-space-on-local-e-disk/55d16937-b500-4e01-86a6-1a9f7c4443f5
  8. Local Disk (F:)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Disk (F:): What is this it has a red bar? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-f/d814ec02-4fcc-4c5e-b32b-a4dc8e6db564
  9. Running out of space on Local Disk (F)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running out of space on Local Disk (F): So for a good week or so now, I've been getting alters every time I turn on my laptop and the suggestions of deleting stuff does nothing cuz there's nothing to delete. I clicked to remove back ups stored in the system, deleted all cache, deleted loads of programs/games etc,...
  10. local disk f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk f: [img] Hi everyone This has just appeared on my computer, and I cannot delete, can anyone please tell me how to get rid of this. Regards 60557