Windows 10: Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display?

Discus and support Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a 4K display with my Windows 10 PC. For Windows 10 and MS Office, the letters are sharp and clear. However, for some applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by workstationuser, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display?

Hi, I am using a 4K display with my Windows 10 PC. For Windows 10 and MS Office, the letters are sharp and clear. However, for some applications (especially the installers), the letters look very ugly and low resolutions. As you can see, sometimes even the graphics (circular shapes) are not smooth. Anybody knows what is wrong and how to fix this? Thanks

Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? a374921f-fc36-43f6-a028-3a5916b16d43?upload=true.jpg Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? 7e1a04f7-c112-416c-a2a7-6d753441d3b1?upload=true.jpg Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? cb56f264-4569-433e-8a8d-8e9015d88328?upload=true.jpg Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? 6bca392e-543b-40c4-8555-13d5a0c17549?upload=true.jpg

:)

workstationuser, Feb 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 low resolution in program

Hi Xiyuan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Is your system up to date?
    Install if there are nay pending updates through Windows updates before performing below step.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display driver then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.

• Press Windows key +
      X
      and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Supporting 4k resolution display

Hello All,

I just bought a new 15.6'' laptop that comes with stunning 4k high-resolution display. However, I found out that Windows 8.1 does not really look optimized with 4k display because the entire UI looks very small. I just want to know
    if Windows 10 will be supporting this kind of new display resolution, hopefully Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? :(

Thank you,

-- Ahmad Aseeri

AhmadAseeri, Feb 17, 2019
  4. TH90 Win User

Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display?

4k Resolution scaling but then watching a 4k video

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your response.

So therefore is my previous point on certain program's displaying as blurry when scaling is used wrong? I.e. as they'll be effectively displayed similarly to full HD resolution?

Also, if I used scaling at 200% and I wanted to watch a 4K video would it be displayed at full HD (due to the scaling) or 4K resolution.

Thanks again.

Thema:

Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display?

1. Why some programs have very low resolutions under Windows 10 and 4K display? - Similar Threads - Why programs very

2. 4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution: The 4k wireless display adapter is not displaying the resolution of 1920x1200 and is only displaying up to 1920x1080. If the same monitor is connected to through HDMI straight, the correct resolution is displayed. I checked the firmware and it says that it is the latest...
  3. 4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4K wireless display adapter not displaying right resolution: The 4k wireless display adapter is not displaying the resolution of 1920x1200 and is only displaying up to 1920x1080. If the same monitor is connected to through HDMI straight, the correct resolution is displayed. I checked the firmware and it says that it is the latest...
  4. 4k resolution on 1080 display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k resolution on 1080 display: I have a 1080p display but when i tried to change it to see what resolutions i have it showed i have 4k but when i put it its blurry but i don`t know why it showing 4k cause my display doesn`t support 4k i tried searching it online but nothing its not a problem that i should...
  5. 4k resolution on 1080 display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k resolution on 1080 display: I have a 1080p display but when i tried to change it to see what resolutions i have it showed i have 4k but when i put it its blurry but i don`t know why it showing 4k cause my display doesn`t support 4k i tried searching it online but nothing its not a problem that i should...
  6. 4k resolution on 1080 display

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some programs display bad. Very bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some programs display bad. Very bad: [ATTACH] how do i fix this https://preview.redd.it/ug0zctp4y2l61.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=a1a720d320421b4c0deb32c87b084bc4eff89d79 submitted by /u/lauti2043 [link] [comments]...
  8. Camera has very low resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera has very low resolution: Hello, I just bought this laptop Acer Aspire 3 with Core i5 10TH GEN. It also have the Windows 10. But the problem is the CAMERA has a low resolution until 480P only. I'd bought this laptop because I will use this for my VIRTUAL CLASSES....
  9. 4k resolution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4k resolution: Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert....
  10. Can't Get 4k Display Resolution...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't Get 4k Display Resolution...: have my nuc (intel hd graphics 6000 with latest drivers) connected to a 3200x1800 4k hdr monitor and can't get a resolution beyond 1920x1080 to display nor can i get hdr to turn on in windows... alos, the cable connecting the nuc to the display is 4k rated... ran dxdiag and...