Windows 10: Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them??

Discus and support Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello dear people and AI's How is it that after I disable and explicitly block every uneeded connection in the firewall and I power off my pc and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shazzylicious, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them??

Hello dear people and AI's

How is it that after I disable and explicitly block every uneeded connection in the firewall and I power off my pc and power it back on I sometimes find reenabled rules OR EVEN NEW ONES, in the inbound and outbound section of the firewall, without being asked if I want them in the first place?

I have both win 10 2004 and 1909 ..both do the same...they reenable microsoft rules for "phone" "camera" "maps" etc.. they don't have a patern, seem to be random

:)

shazzylicious, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Thelps Win User

Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

Update:

If I specify the rule using the group= keyword then the rule(s) update.

Unfortunately the group= keyword only lets me enable/disable rules. It won't let me modify them in any way.

Can anyone suggest if this indicates the cause of the problem?

Example:

Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall Set Rule Group="3D Viewer" New Enable=no works fine.

BUT

Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall Set Rule Name="3D Viewer" New Enable=no

returns 'No rules match the specified criteria'.

Thelps, Oct 7, 2020
  3. RDP asking for firewall rule when there is no firewall

So I'm trying to enable RDP on a Windows 10 box and when I do it tells me I need to enable a firewall rule for port 3389, which I would but I'm not using a firewall, its completely disabled. Do I have to use a firewall in order to set the rule or am I
    missing something???

Eric Serna, Oct 7, 2020
  4. 2AI
    2AI Win User

Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them??

How to forbidden program to edit firewall rule

I disable firewall rules

but it auto enable again

How to forbidden program to edit firewall rule

Thema:

Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them??

1. Why some rules in the firewall get re-enabled after I explicitly disabled them?? - Similar Threads - Why rules firewall

2. Why did microsoft disable my drivers and how to I re enable them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did microsoft disable my drivers and how to I re enable them?: Microsoft disabled one of my graphics drivers saying "Theres a problem with it," and they will not let me turn it back on and every games is pretty much at 1-10 FPS. Somone please help me....
  3. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them: so i'm having trouble with the settings and i'm trying to enable and disable some settings but they do not work.the settings that aren't enabling or disabling:"Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows""Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  4. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them: so i'm having trouble with the settings and i'm trying to enable and disable some settings but they do not work.the settings that aren't enabling or disabling:"Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows""Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  5. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.: Hi, thanks in advance for your time; anyone reading this. I am running Windows 10 64-bit addition, version 22H2, build 19045.2604, feature pack 120.2212.419 0.0 installed on February 24th 2023 and have all the windows updates and everything done after a fresh install. I then...
  7. Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.: Hi, thanks in advance for your time; anyone reading this. I am running Windows 10 64-bit addition, version 22H2, build 19045.2604, feature pack 120.2212.419 0.0 installed on February 24th 2023 and have all the windows updates and everything done after a fresh install. I then...
  8. Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?: Hi all, I'm trying to use the CMD prompt command Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall SET RULE name="name" NEW... I'm trying to configure the Firewall Rules associated with the application packages found in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". However, for some reason, the usual CMD...
  10. Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable/Disable Firewall Rules for 'Application Packages' using CMD?: Hi all, I'm trying to use the CMD prompt command Netsh AdvFirewall Firewall SET RULE name="name" NEW... I'm trying to configure the application packages found in "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". However, for some reason, the usual CMD syntax to SET an existing firewall...