Windows 10: Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

Discus and support Why some text Unicode Character display as square box? in Cortana to solve the problem; when i type some text like "" in windows 10, it display as square box while android does not, why?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Blue Twisty, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

when i type some text like "" in windows 10, it display as square box while android does not, why?

:)

Blue Twisty, Jan 29, 2021
  2. Bobscribe Win User

Windows 10 unicode characters displaying squares

These steps did not solve my problem. Other Windows operating systems show characters by default, yet Windows 10 shows squares. I adjusted the settings and tried the clean boot and neither solved the issue. I still saw squarafter the clean boot and after
    the normal boot.

Bobscribe, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Mastasev Win User
    Windows 10 unicode characters displaying squares

I have added language packs but I still see Հայեր for unicode characters. (8.1 upgrade to 10)

Mastasev, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

Type a Unicode Character

You can convert numbers from decimal to hex to octal to binary. But those are the numbers used as Unicode code points. They're the "serial numbers" for characters.

But the alt codes are a different. They're not related to the Unicode code points. There is no numerical conversion from Unicode codes to alt codes.

Alt codes predate Unicode by a decade or so. Alt codes are just arbitrary numbers that Microsoft assigned. So you have to look up the key codes. Do a google search to find a complete list.

margrave55, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Why some text Unicode Character display as square box?

1. Why some text Unicode Character display as square box? - Similar Threads - Why text Unicode

2. Some Unicode characters suddenly not displaying properly in every program - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Unicode characters suddenly not displaying properly in every program - Windows 10: Windows 10Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.985I'm finding that some of the more obscure Unicode characters have randomly stopped displaying properly on my computer in every single program; specifically a half black star U+2BE8 as well as a load of others are now just displaying as...
  3. Unicode characters in console

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unicode characters in console: Hi, I recently switched from Mac OSX to Windows 10 and installed WSL + Debian 10; my default shell is zsh and using ohmyzsh to improve the UX of the shell. I just noticed that unicode characters are not supported and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this. Thanks....
  4. Substitution of 'Malgun Gothic' displays square boxes instead of actual character

Substitution of 'Malgun Gothic' displays square boxes instead of actual character: I tried to change the default font of Windows 10 to a custom font by substituting 'Malgun Gothic' and additional fonts like 'Gulim' and 'Dotum' etc, the default Korean fonts in Windows, with registry editing, but after restarting the computer, although the font in the file...
  5. Unicode characters showing problem.

Unicode characters showing problem.: Hello, When I type Bangla fonts, characters are showing just as??????? question marks, I've added Bangla language from Language settings, necessary fonts are also already installed. Still the problem is the same. Some icons of windows are also showing as weired...
  6. Some text not displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some text not displayed: Hello, I have some very disturbing issue recently. Some text is not displayed on the screen. This seems to happen randomly, in many applications, dialog windows, context menus etc. Please help....
  7. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  8. Getting Telugu Unicode Text Display problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Telugu Unicode Text Display problem: Hi , I have recently updated windows 10 and some telugu fonts after that I am getting Broken text in Browser and office applications like MS word, it is displaying correct in Notepad Please let me know how to solve this error I have deleted fonts which are newly...
  9. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  10. Asian characters become unicode ���

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asian characters become unicode ���: Sometimes when I download/install programs that's originally written in Chinese, folder names and the text in the installer just show up as ����� and I can't read anything. When I play older songs on itunes, previously correctly named songs, with correct artists etc. all...