Windows 10: Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period?

Discus and support Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,For example, I know I installed KB5023706 when it first came out. Then, I've noticed it re-installed again after several days; then again after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarkoWin, Mar 25, 2023.

1. DarkoWin Win User

Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period?

Hi,For example, I know I installed KB5023706 when it first came out. Then, I've noticed it re-installed again after several days; then again after a week, etc.Is the same update any, not necessarily this particular one sort of re-applying itself or what? Is it a bug?

:)

DarkoWin, Mar 25, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 25, 2023
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period? - Similar Threads - Why updates same

2. Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...: Windows update keeps trying to install Windows 11, version 23H2. I was on insider until recently and looking at my history, Windows 11, version 23H2 was already installed back in September. This latest install goes through the download and then installs up to about 30-40%...
  3. Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps trying to reinstall the same update and fails every time with error...: Windows update keeps trying to install Windows 11, version 23H2. I was on insider until recently and looking at my history, Windows 11, version 23H2 was already installed back in September. This latest install goes through the download and then installs up to about 30-40%...
  4. Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why some updates the same ones keep reinstalling after a period?: Hi,For example, I know I installed KB5023706 when it first came out. Then, I've noticed it re-installed again after several days; then again after a week, etc.Is the same update any, not necessarily this particular one sort of re-applying itself or what? Is it a bug?...
  5. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  6. Periodic mouse stutter after some update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Periodic mouse stutter after some update: Hi, I'm not sure which update did it but it happened within the last week. Now every ~5-10 minutes period, my mouse gets a stutter for a few seconds and then comes back to normal. I have: *re-installed mouse driver *changed mouse *re-install graphic driver to latest...
  7. Why does the same update keeping appearing in my updates list.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does the same update keeping appearing in my updates list.: Every time i check for updates the same update keeps appearing every time. How do i get it to stop? The update that keeps trying to install is Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70...
  8. Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10

Computer keeps reinstalling to the same screen after reinstalling Windows 10: I did a clean install on my laptop by going into advanced startup and choosing one of the options to remove everything from the drive. When it finished it brought me to a Hi There screen that asked for my country, language, and time zone. When I click next it says there's a...
  9. it keeps doing the same update

it keeps doing the same update: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4483234) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-keeps-doing-the-same-update/beafed4e-1a92-4a7c-87d0-e13b3c639ea9
  10. Update keeps reinstalling it self after uninstall

Update keeps reinstalling it self after uninstall: The update I want to uninstall causes blue screen to my pc, but it keeps reinstalling it self after I uninstalled it. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-keeps-reinstalling-it-self-after-uninstall/2217d9f0-d162-4ec5-9457-c7868abbf207